PDA

View Full Version : number plate descision

nova ian
20-10-04, 12:29 AM
need to get some new plates for my car, had all the rear smoothed off and wanted a square plate for the back bumper, but a legal sized car square one is to big for the space wgere i want to put it, so i wanted a legal sized bike one. do you think one of these would pass an MOT??

or would it just be easier gettin standard plates, its just that i cant be doing with changing plates over or getting pulled all the time.

cheers, ian

J4MES
20-10-04, 07:26 PM
go for the car square size, then make it fit, like a recess, etc....

Ste L
20-10-04, 07:28 PM
personally i'd go for a standard plate recessed into the rear bumper, not into all these square plates

elsey197
23-10-04, 10:12 AM
I had a motorbike sized one on the front and back of my old nova, and it went through two MOT's with them on. Also i was pulled over a few times for driving too fast :oops: and they never mentioned the plates at all

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/pelsey197/back_nova.jpg

nova ian
23-10-04, 03:11 PM
thanks alot mate, will have to go and purchase one :D

epo
23-10-04, 04:41 PM
i have a motorbike on on the front but for the rear i had to have an import one made up so it fits in the recess on the boot
took a while to find somewhere to make on up for me in the end got it done at pv

Cheeze
25-10-04, 05:39 PM
i had a bike one on my car mate, got stopped few weeks ago ,and pc plod told me the letters were 11mm to small in the height and gave me a nice pink bit of paper with a 30 quid fine on it

Philsutton
25-10-04, 05:46 PM
^^ thats police for you, if it means getting out of running after a real criminal and burning some calories then they will go after the easy target.

Cheeze
25-10-04, 05:54 PM
so what i done is, got the guy as my local motor factors to make up a full sized lettered one, and cut it to the shape i needed, (has to be a certian size to fit inbetween my exhausts u see)