PDA

View Full Version : tell me if this will look sweet

oggy
19-10-04, 11:43 PM
hi there all, i have a mk1 nova and had it for just over a year and i started to mod it when i got with a GTE kit but i want it to be a bit more special, so i bout a set of viper side skirts of a mate for 5pounds, and a smooth boot for 10pounds, and a mate of mine has a abyss back bumper, and im thinking of buying a jap style front bumper from ebay, for 140pounds and an ally spoiler from R-Tec for 90pounds, just wondering will this look good or crap as the car is being reprayed back the the limited addition lazer blue (matalic) please give my any advice, cheers

J4MES
19-10-04, 11:52 PM
it depends what style you want it, in my opinion i hate jap style bumpers, i would stick with the gte ones, and then go for smaller individual mods....

smooth boot for 10 quid sounds amazing!!!!

boredbloke
20-10-04, 08:48 AM
The Jap bumpers suck dude!!!!! :lol:

robb
20-10-04, 09:36 AM
So do the ally spoilers, try and go smooth as you have the boot, and get your mate to sell me bits really cheap, could do with a 20 XE :roll:.

Queue Epo with his photo collection HINT HINT spoiler cough

epo
20-10-04, 06:44 PM
well you asked for it one gay spoiler

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v24/epo_sri/red_nova_with_alloy_wing.jpg

with the right amount turd your car could look this good :lol: :lol: :lol:

J4MES
20-10-04, 06:57 PM
cant get over that pic, why o why would someone do that????? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ste L
20-10-04, 07:01 PM
cant get over that pic, why o why would someone do that????? :lol: :lol: :lol:

gotta be to get more downforce LMAO :lol:

why o why ruin a nice nova with sh!t like that

Mike.
20-10-04, 08:46 PM
i say keep the GTE kit you've got for it. Jap bumpers just don't suit the nova, maybe a honda prelude but not a nova

novalew
25-10-04, 05:57 PM
i say go for it mate, just make sure you complete the look.

take a look at my work in progress

phil_sorensen
25-10-04, 06:52 PM
There right mate jap bumpersdontsuit novas. I've got a Mk1 with the kingdom developments type K front bumper onit, and it looks poo, regreting that choice ever since, dont worry though its going soon.

Mel
27-10-04, 09:52 PM
i say keep the GTE kit you've got for it. Jap bumpers just don't suit the nova, maybe a honda prelude but not a nova

Totally agree! (but i would say that lol).

C'mon guys, how many more times do I have to shout it out? GTE's and mk1's) rule! Keep it mk1. If you have to do anything to it, put the smooth boot on it.

IMO, it's impossible to have a better suiting bumper for the mk1 than a GTE/SR one.

Only car that managed to get away with the alloy spoiler was CJ's beauty!

boredbloke
27-10-04, 10:36 PM
Yo dude isn't that the nova two body on that nova?

I swear am i the only one with the wheel arches that are round as oppose to every other i've every seen with the square cut across the top....I'm gona find a pic n come back n show y'all what the hell i'm yackin about!!

boredbloke
27-10-04, 10:53 PM
I'm gona find a pic n come back n show y'all what the hell i'm yackin about!!

Got it!!

Okay my wheel arches (not my car though...wish it was!)
http://www.southwestcruisin.co.uk/gallery2/105002820.jpg

Everybody elses but mine!!!!......... (and the other one)

Now everybody elses car has these wheel arches!!
http://www.fastmetal.co.uk/images/members/0018dannycovington.jpg

Is it me or does this guy have like 12" wheels on his car??

Adam
27-10-04, 11:51 PM
Five doors have round arches, as 3 doors have flat arches

robb
28-10-04, 09:12 AM
No they are 15" by the looks, only go bigger when you have some bigger power than needs putting to the road instead of into smoke, like a 2l running on TBs!

And if you look closely there are 5 doors on that gold one, dehandled the rears though.

And you won't get my opinion on what you should do to your car, I will say what I think looks best on nova GTE MK1.....the front looks mean, and smooth boot sounds sexy on a MK1 but the dashes are minging.

Ste L
28-10-04, 09:27 AM
I swear am i the only one with the wheel arches that are round as oppose to every other i've every seen with the square cut across the top

are you sure you've not got a saloon lol :roll:

saloon are the only 3 door(or should i say 2 door) that have round arches
except for the convertible

boredbloke
28-10-04, 12:51 PM
I've got a five door 1.3L... :lol: ...( :oops: alright stop laughing...............)

It pretty much is exactly the same as the top pic i posted, with the exception from the outside it looks like it did when it came out the factory!

I'm changing everything though, i want it more to my taste, got the gte bumpers, a custom grill duno if i'll be fitting it though.

novahead
28-10-04, 12:57 PM
keep it GTE

kev

Ste L
28-10-04, 12:58 PM
nothing wrong with a 5-door, im almost temped to get rid of the 3-door and get a 5-door, there starting to grow on me after seein a few nice ones on here