PDA

View Full Version : lowering problems up front need help before tuesday night

te17@novasgonemad
18-10-04, 11:10 PM
right i have just lowered my car on 40mm springs and shocks for the moment untill i fit coilovers but now that i have done it my first test drive was crap ie.. the steering wheel sits a quater turnto drive straight forwards when i turn corners the steering is extra light but once i put it fairly near to full lock it pulls it all the way to lock and both wheels shake around when i move them ..

my steering rack bushes are feked and so im having a new rack put in the car. would it be a mixture of this and the fact that the trackrod ends need to be re adjusted ie so there tighter and there isnt the play in the wheels as there is at the moment

cheers lads hope u pull through for me this time

Adam
18-10-04, 11:28 PM
Are you sure you tightened everything back up right. When you say the wheels shake, what do you mean, can you rock them side to side when the cars jacked up.
Was it like this before you lowered it

te17@novasgonemad
18-10-04, 11:40 PM
on the fronts i undone the two top bolts the two base bolts the other set was already made i then put the new damper /springs in the car tightned the tops to 30nm and the bottom to 112 nm and put the wheels back on the wheels move as the rack has gone but would the tracking now needing to be adjusted make the problems of the steeringwheel and the feeling that the sterring is not as sharp and crisp btw when i say the rack has gone i mean that the is play within it ie the bushes internally have worn

Adam
19-10-04, 12:08 AM
When its lowered you should always have the tracking checked yeah, i wouldn't have dared drive it if it was gonna wander all over the road.

robb
19-10-04, 10:37 AM
Live with it for the few days till coilovers. Then get then on and set it all up properly. You may increase tyre wear in this time so slap the steelies back on to save precious rubber.