PDA

View Full Version : interior heater not working!!

Stanley
18-10-04, 09:23 PM
with it being chuffing cold in the mornings i thoght id try and get ma heaters working.

any ideas??

air blows out but its cold air and doesnt get hot.

cheers all

dan-hipgrave
18-10-04, 09:59 PM
Knackered heater matrix maybe.....

Have you tried the air around vents other than the central ones though, because the center vents only ever give out cold air, they were designed that way.

PAG
18-10-04, 10:55 PM
you could have a blocked pipe some where, trapped air etc. mine was not working (hot) and i bled the system and i got it a little bit warm. but still have to dress in ski gear at night to drive it.

1st thing check the pipe work make sure its clear.

broony
19-10-04, 10:21 AM
Maybe a bit obvious but make sure you've actually got water in the tank.

I had this prob but it was because my head gasket had blown and i was constantly losing water.

robb
19-10-04, 10:31 AM
Also the cables are held on by plastic clips to the matrix, if anyone has ever had to undo these you will notice how brittle and easy to break they are, of course if one is broken then the dial won't actually adjust anything but will still turn as tho it works.

I had the temp one go and the matrix will wobble to cold, I had to keep stuffing my hand under the dash and turn it to hot :lol:. It's on the left IIRC.

dan-hipgrave
19-10-04, 07:52 PM
:lol: thats exactly what i have to do every morning mate as my temp one is broken..

az_e11
19-10-04, 09:25 PM
Same here, Every morning i have to put it to heat by getting my hand under the dash, and switching it onto hot, as the clip has broken, only stays there for a bit, until i go over a bump.
Must get it fixed!!!!

:lol: :lol: