PDA

View Full Version : Water logged Nova

Dod
18-10-04, 07:58 PM
Water's getting into my Nova and I cant tell where. I've looked at the Sun roof, doors and boot lid, it seems to have gathered and is laying in the rear footwell behind the drivers seat. Any ideas?

dan-hipgrave
18-10-04, 08:05 PM
i had this last winter with my car mate - check everywhere - under the battery - if the battery tray has rotten through water can get in, also check underneath the carpets for holes in the floor/arches as water can come through there...

If you cant see anywhere obvious, then sit in the car and get a mate to spray it with a hose and look where the water is coming in..

nova_madness
18-10-04, 11:10 PM
My problem was under the battery was rotten.
So i grinded all the rust out so it was just good stuff ,welded a little plate in and then filled around the edges and now i have a dry car lol.

te17@novasgonemad
18-10-04, 11:19 PM
window seals m8 rear quaters probably!

my boot one had opened up in the part where it mounts to the metal lip on the shell and it would run itn to my car through the roff lining and every thing

hope this helps m8

newboy2thenova
19-10-04, 06:20 PM
ur rear wash wipe working still?? if not could have a break and leting water in 2 ur car

newboy2thenova
19-10-04, 06:28 PM
ur rear wash wipe working still?? if not could have a break and leting water in 2 ur car

Ste_Nova
19-10-04, 07:20 PM
for now pop one of the floor plugs up and get the water out!

Dod
20-10-04, 04:32 PM
I've stuck a de humidifier into it so that'll dry her out. The rear washer was disconected but I've blocked it up so I doubt that its. I recon its the battrey tray, never got to look at it yet, I'm flat out stripping a 15TD for parts.

Dod
20-10-04, 04:33 PM
I've stuck a de humidifier into it so that'll dry her out. The rear washer was disconected but I've blocked it up so I doubt that its. I recon its the battrey tray, never got to look at it yet, I'm flat out stripping a 15TD for parts. PS, anyone wants a 15td engine for free, come out and take it.