PDA

View Full Version : 4 Branch manifold help please!!!

az_e11
18-10-04, 06:35 PM
This might be a stupid question, but does anyone know the difference between a 4 branch Exaust mainifold and a standard one.

As my m8 is selling a four branch manifold for a nova, for around ?40, he has told me it should go straight onto my 1.2 Nova no probs.

As how much difference is it likely to make, on performance wise on my car, coz i dont really no much about these.

And would any 1 pay around ?40 for a second hand 1

Cherz

8)

johnny27
19-10-04, 10:40 PM
Difference in a std and a 4 branch is the std manifold branches (sp) (the pipes) only about 2 feet before going to the downpipe, where as the the 4 branch has 4 individual pipes branch all the way down below the engine before going into 1 pipe and meeting the exhaust. I don't think its really worthwhile fitting one unless you have other engine work done like high lift cam, ported head,good inlet like the 2E3 twinchoke carb or 40s, but i suppose if you can get if for ?40 u might as well put it on, but don't expect to see a good difference in power without the other engine mods. Most 4 branch manifolds need a bit of welding done to meet the exhaust, cause their not long enough and to much to one side. Altough i think the ashley one is a straight swap. Hope that helps