PDA

View Full Version : fuel pumps?

rednova
18-10-04, 05:57 PM
does anyone know if any cars come with an enginebay mounted electric fuel pump?

cheers

phil

Philsutton
18-10-04, 06:00 PM
i dont think any vauxhalls do, although my 2lt has one in the engine bay :D

rednova
18-10-04, 06:48 PM
is that a facet pump your using or did you aquire it from another make of car? its just so i can leave the tank and fuel lines in situe for my twin 40's

Philsutton
18-10-04, 06:51 PM
mines is just the one out the cav my engine came out of

rednova
18-10-04, 11:59 PM
so i take it the cav pump is suction fed rather than the nova gte/gsi which is gravity fed? i maybe completely off track here (feel free to correct) what fuel tank are you using phil? would i be able to run the standard carb tank and lines, mount a cav fuel pump in the engine bay through a regulator to my twin 40's

all this advice is much appreciated btw

cheers
phil

Stuart
19-10-04, 08:12 AM
the facet "carb" pumps dont like sucking too far, but ive seen a fair few in the bay.

have you got the std mechanical pump? if so just run that

Philsutton
19-10-04, 10:03 AM
im running a carb tank and my standard 1.2i fuel lines with the 2lt, reason ive done this was because i was going to swap to twin carbs at a later date but ti still hasnt happened yet.

rednova
19-10-04, 05:47 PM
Ok im beginning to get my head round all this - lol , I should have made it clearer cambridge - i have transplanted a gsi engine into my 1.2 carb, the hole is just blank on the gsi engine where the mechanical fuel pump should be.... I have still got the carb tank and lines in situe, phil has the 1.2i engine not got a pump in the tank?

Am I right in thinking that if I get hold of a cav fuel pump and regulator all should be well?

much appreciated - phil

johnny27
19-10-04, 10:07 PM
I think all vaux electric fuel pumps where in the tank, in which case you'd need to change the tank to one with a pump, OR could'nt you just use your 1.2 cam carrier which has the mechanical fuel pump so you can run it striaght to your 40s and remember to change the cam back to your GSi one, all you need is a regulator to take the fuel pressure down to 3.5psi for your mechinal pump to your 40s