PDA

View Full Version : sound deadning

probert_nova
18-10-04, 11:47 AM
i put the sub and amp in the other day and the boot is rattling like a bitch.
whats the best stuff to sound deadn a boot and also where should i put it.

cheers

srs1
18-10-04, 12:11 PM
all over the area where the sub is munted.
i suggest the wheel well, the sides and the tailgate.

parrington21
18-10-04, 09:15 PM
thats funny, all my sounds ive got in my car (a lot which is really loud) the only ratteling ive had is my number plate ratteling and i just stuck some snotty tissue out my pocket behind it lol

epo
20-10-04, 06:30 PM
i used some stuff called brown bread (not taking the pish its pukka stuff)
got a a couple of rolls of it and did me whole boot

burgo
20-10-04, 06:40 PM
i steal mine from work lol, but being as you probably cant do that brown bread is praps your best option

probert_nova
21-10-04, 09:03 AM
where can i get "brown bread" from and how much?

cheers

epo
21-10-04, 12:30 PM
kwick save,asda bout 30p a loaf :lol: :lol:

joke

any sort of car audio shop mine was about a tenner

another sound deadener is dynamat i think

-Greg-
21-10-04, 06:28 PM
ive got some dynamat sound deadening and its great i could hear the improvement straight away the sub sounds much better but its expensive i got 1 roll which covered most of the wheel well and it costs about 18 quid but its worth it though
greg

Nick
24-10-04, 07:43 PM
try your numberplate, the flexible gap between the two screws might be flaping against the bodywork !

also squish some little bits of foam into the slots where your parcel shelf sits, i found that the parcelshelf was rattling in it's fittings.

And finally just tighten up any screws you can see in the trim panels around the parcel shelf/boot.

Cheeze
26-10-04, 09:06 PM
ok i had the same problem, but a trip to the local B&Q helped, go to the roofing area, and get self adhesive flashing tape, its almost the same as "brown bread and dynamat" but a lot cheaper, worked wonders on mine, and i have 2x 15" subs in the back, think i got a 10m x 30cm roll for about 8 quid just use a couple or rolls

Glytch
15-11-04, 12:59 AM
Dynamat is not intended as a sound deadener, it is meant to for sound clarity. Rather than absorbing the sound and killing the rattles it reflects the sound giving a much better note.

Definately worth spending a few bucks.