PDA

View Full Version : Front Door Panels!!!!

Cassie-Nova
17-10-04, 07:16 PM
Got some 5" Speakers on friday and only got around to trying to fit them today but i can not for the life of me get the Window Winders off!!!!!!!

I have tried using a cloth/rag in a sawing motion to make the spring clip pop out but it just wont work! I have tried using various screwdrivers/allen keys/string/wire etc to make it pop out but nought works!!!!! Bloody Mk1 rustbucket!

Anyone got any tips for this?! PLEASE HELP!

Really need some advice on this!

Thanks guys,

Jim

dan-hipgrave
17-10-04, 07:25 PM
Draper sell a tool made specifically for the job mate - i have got one and it works perfectly.. www.draper.co.uk

The cloth trick does work eventually, just takes a bit of patience.

Philsutton
17-10-04, 07:28 PM
i always use a long thin screw driver to push down an pop it off

Cassie-Nova
17-10-04, 07:40 PM
Tried the screwdriver mate, was a right pain in the rear and due to the hooge handle it was nigh impossible to get down to the lil b*rstard spring clip....

Philsutton
17-10-04, 07:45 PM
i find it the easiest way of getting the clip off but ive taken my fair share of them off

burgo
17-10-04, 09:16 PM
i agree with phil although i use a small screwdriver

unless im at work then we've got the proper bit of kit :P

smitty5door
17-10-04, 10:21 PM
i just use i knife if i cnt find a screw driver lmao :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mel
18-10-04, 10:00 PM
I made one of my own :lol:

I used to nick my brother's special tool all the time, but he used to have a go at me. so i got a very small screwdriver, ground off the point (into a sharp end) and kinda bent it into a curve.

Works perfectly, but hurts when you pull it the wrong way (into your palm!) :lol:

Marc
18-10-04, 10:20 PM
it must jst be then that use's a rag/cloth n it works lol im always havin problems with me windows get stuck so hav to lub them loads off the time of the arm goes out the runner at the bottom n its a bitch to sort out wen ur out lol i shud get the tool but i always hav a rag at hand so no problems, but wen the clip flicks into ur eye it makes me feel that i shud buy a tool

Marc
18-10-04, 10:22 PM
it must jst be then that use's a rag/cloth n it works lol im always havin problems with me windows get stuck so hav to lub them loads off the time of the arm goes out the runner at the bottom n its a bitch to sort out wen ur out lol i shud get the tool but i always hav a rag at hand so no problems, but wen the clip flicks into ur eye it makes me feel that i shud buy a tool

rednova
19-10-04, 12:05 AM
I find stikin a small screwdriver in widthways - to the centre of the winder then just turn the winder - spring catches and eases itself out

robb
19-10-04, 11:50 AM
Rip and tear, worked for me lol. Or get a mate to do it, I am too impatient for little crap to get the better of me.

Muttly
19-10-04, 10:39 PM
Just incase you haven't checked, which you obviously have. If you have maunal windows you'll have to cut in to the metal of the door to fit speakers. Its not possible to fit 5" speakers to a door with manual windows. I tried and without cutting the metal frame of the door the winder handle won't turn. Also you'll have to put in truniking. This means doors off, cut the chassis and fit the trunking. I just did all this last week and it took about 4 hours to do trunking for both doors, fit central locking, electric windows and speakers.