PDA

View Full Version : Redline - MK

Anonymous
14-11-01, 04:41 PM
I just bought my copy of Redline and I'd just like to say that they managed to make a really good day and meet look shit !!!

A big thanks to the guys that organised it, the report doesn't do it justice.

At least I got into some of the photos, im in 3 of the pics and my cars in two.

page 128 top left hand corner, white sr im wearing a GAP Jumper. adn on page 129 underneath the words "their stuff" im there again and naturally in the group shot.

lets get Totall Vauxhall to cover the next one !!!

Anonymous
14-11-01, 07:52 PM
i still can't find the damn mag iv'e been looking for 2 days and no-one around me has it yet in the shops

Anonymous
14-11-01, 08:18 PM
i found redline today, only 2 pages, bit disappointing

Anonymous
15-11-01, 08:47 AM
I have no intention of buying it now.

Anonymous
15-11-01, 10:20 AM
you have to sid there is a slick picture of my motor! hehehe :D

If it isn't kev it isn't worth it !!!

Anonymous
15-11-01, 10:24 AM
erm, my car is going to be better than yours!
Then you can be in my clan, I will be the leader of the Southerners, and then we will gradually take over the land and all the mags will bow to me, and do good cover issues from then!!

:D

Anonymous
15-11-01, 11:23 AM
there won't be any Nova's left by the time you get your car back sid !!!

Anonymous
15-11-01, 11:31 AM
and thats if you can make it back from burnley or wherever without having an accident (we know your history) !!!

If it isn't kev it isn't worth it !!!

Anonymous
15-11-01, 11:36 AM
lol

Anonymous
15-11-01, 11:53 AM
:p
Barnsley, 4 hour drive ...hopefully will have the valver in, so what a journey to be learning how to get used to the power!!

I've gotta tell the garage man that I want him to do the conversion ...or shall I just give him the engine and tell him to get on with it.

You guys wanna come with me on Saturday?
Slough > Barnsley to garage > Leeds for box > Stoke for valver > Slough home again!

Anonymous
15-11-01, 12:24 PM
I think I may be a little busy on saturday !!!!

Anonymous
15-11-01, 12:27 PM
Sid, why did you put your car in a body shop all the way in Barnsley ???

Wouldn't it have been alot easier to use a company down here.

I know for a fact if my car was in the bodyshop I wouldn't want it a 4 hour drive away, I'd want to go and look at it all the time and see how they were getting on etc.

Anonymous
15-11-01, 12:46 PM
Right heres the story and let me redeem myself!...

I bought a GSi, red, but paint was fading just slightly to pink at the rear.
The front passenger side headlight, and the bumper & wings seemed to be out of alignment. Nothing major, but I wanted them fixed. bumpers were cracked a little too.
I also wanted the side skirts, the window bits, and boot resprayed, to colour code.
I got quotes for ?1000+, and that wasnt even a full spray job!
A guy I work with is really good mates with the garage bloke, Dave Archer (I have leant that all dodgy people are called Dave!! innit Mr P ;) ) I phoned him first, said he'll do me a whole respray for ?650 and fix the front! And because he was highly recommended I said yes.
I took my car up to Barnsley, and D-Archer showed me that I needed 3 new arches, and started coming out with some real good ideas, so I left it up there (well, I had to cos he ripped my arches off!)
He said it would be a 3 week job!! x-(
Its turned into 7 months! and I cant get there either! I'll hold my hands up and say it was partly my fault, I didnt supply him with my 17's to mould the arches around them.
Doing this on Saturday!

He is supposed to be a natural, and the amount of commercial work he does (portakabin, other companies, gypsies who have money!) makes me think he'll do a good job on mine!
Now I dont know how much he is going to charge, cos I also want him to do seam welding, and fit the valver!!!

Anonymous
15-11-01, 12:52 PM
its gonna cost ya !!! I hope you have been saving your pennies !

Anonymous
15-11-01, 01:13 PM
You haven't got a price yet, but he's doing the work?! No written quote? You're a brave man!

Anonymous
15-11-01, 01:55 PM
I won't pay him then! just take the car.
think its about ?2500.

Anonymous
15-11-01, 02:18 PM
fucking hell !!!! ?2500 you had better be careful with this one then Sid !!

Anonymous
15-11-01, 02:20 PM
I plan to keep this car for life and donate it to my kids!

Anonymous
15-11-01, 02:28 PM
I plan to keep my nova till Ive been driving 3 years and I will hopefully have nearly 4 years no claims by then (???). Then Im going to go for something a bit bigger.

March 2003 I think I'll put her up for sale.

Anonymous
15-11-01, 02:42 PM
I went onto RS Turbos etc, and had the option of getting a kitted BMW 325i M Reg, but decided to get a phat Nova instead!
Normal ???
I am 25! I got the insurance advantage of age etc..

Anonymous
15-11-01, 02:46 PM
I'd like a BM but I'm only 20 so insurance is just a biatch !!!!

I'd like a Golf GTI a new one or I really like the Polo GTI (I know its no bigger than a nova, but its got something rediculous like 160bhp as standard and you can get it with full leather interior, power steering, air con, all the luxury items. ?15k though, still bloody nice though, with a nice big set of Khans. Very tasty !!

:D 2.0l 8v. It will work one day !!! :D

Anonymous
15-11-01, 02:57 PM
Do that to ur Nova!?
I AM

Anonymous
15-11-01, 03:04 PM
I'd like to, but its still not the same as owning a brand new car. Iv'e always wanted to walk into a garage and sign on lots of bits of paper and walk out with the keys to a brand new car.

Once Iv'e paid back what I owe to the bank and I'm bored of my Nova, I'm definately going to buy a brand new car. It'd be wicked, going in and saying, "I want that one please" !!! or you could pick all the bits you want and get it made up, like all the different options, leather interior, air con etc etc.

Plus you have the reliability of a new car that you don't get with an older engine. and the possibility of free insurance and free services for 3 years so all that money can be spent on the car, big wheels, lowered subtle mods !!!

:D 2.0l 8v. It will work one day !!! :D

Anonymous
15-11-01, 03:39 PM
well, my Nova will be a new car:

new paint job, slightly different body shape,
newer mint powerful engine (thats why ?900), new wheels suspension & exhaust, and later new interior

what else is left ???

Anonymous
15-11-01, 04:44 PM
It goes against the typical norm, and you can have one of the best looking Nova's in the country that looks clean, without big huge whale spoilers etc... and that makes it stand out against the crappy ones that go OTT.
and yiu can still drive it when you're maturing, as it still looks classy!
YA KNOW WHA I MEAN?

Anonymous
15-11-01, 04:49 PM
lmao @ whale spoilers!!! can you remember when that was the craze!!! there used to be loads of festers and even some novas around stockport with massive whale tail spoilers, they looked so ridiculous!!!!

Garages sticking to their promises???? not likely!!! :(

Anonymous
16-11-01, 04:32 PM
Damn, there's a hiccup to my plans this weekend !! alloys aint in til next week from the shop! but I still need to go Stoke to check out this engine!
what do I do now ...

too much petrol cost!