PDA

View Full Version : Dull Paintwork

Gazza14SR
16-10-04, 11:23 PM
Since my respray in April recently i have noticed the paintwork has started to become dull and not as shiney.

Im considering having another respray but was wondering if i took it to a valeter they maybe able to use a buffer on it to bring the shine back.

The paint work is metalic black.

I have been using Stage 2 and 3 of the MaGuire's (sp) brand, which is a polish then wax.

Any recommendations of a product/s to try and restore the paint would be great.

Thanks
Gaz

doge5644_uk
17-10-04, 01:19 AM
OT, That car looks well familiar... Do you go notts cruise every sunday mate :lol: ?

-Bruce-
17-10-04, 10:41 AM
you could try a product called G3. its a cutting compound/polish that the trade use after they have painted and flatened a car. if its not shiny then the paint may not be flat. so use 1600 to 2000 grit wet and dry paper and a rubbing block and flaten the car. but you need to know if theres alot of paint on the car or not very much as you could go through the paint.

go down to the place it got painted and ask afew questions. like how many coats and can you get me some G3. and ask them what they think is best to get the finnish back!!

bruce

Gazza14SR
17-10-04, 11:18 AM
OT, That car looks well familiar... Do you go notts cruise every sunday mate :lol: ?

Most sundays, dont think ive missed 1 in the last year. Cars changed alittle to the pics in the banner now.

you could try a product called G3. its a cutting compound/polish that the trade use after they have painted and flatened a car. if its not shiny then the paint may not be flat. so use 1600 to 2000 grit wet and dry paper and a rubbing block and flaten the car. but you need to know if theres alot of paint on the car or not very much as you could go through the paint.

go down to the place it got painted and ask afew questions. like how many coats and can you get me some G3. and ask them what they think is best to get the finnish back!!

bruce

Cheers Bruce, a guy at work mentioned G3. I'm having a bonnet sprayed monday so i'll ask the questions then. If i/they were to flatten the car back wouldnt that make the finish worse? Or is there something afterwards you use to bring the paint up?

Thanks for your help

Gaz

-Bruce-
17-10-04, 02:49 PM
well mate if you were to flaten the car it would look realy dull, almost a white colour!! but then you use the G3 and polish it with a buff!! that will bring the shine back!! :lol:

bruce