PDA

View Full Version : A TOW?

Anonymous
14-11-01, 10:09 AM
Has anyone had a car towed before?-I have my eyes on an SR in edingbough(spelling?) but thats miles away,it needs a fair bit doing to the engine,but it is a project that is cheaper to insure than the gte I have sat,trying not to rust on my drive,any ideas how to get it to me?-the bottom end is on its way out you see...

I want some 15"s!

Anonymous
14-11-01, 11:15 AM
i towed robs 2.0 16v nova about 200miles with a 4ft tow rope on the motorway at 90mph with my nova van at night with no lights on the 16v :D

and used an A frame to tow robs saloon convertable from nottingham to wales

and towed rob in a 1.3sr death trap (no lights loose suspension and wheels) only for 10 miles

also towed 150% weight trailer with fully loaded nova on with my van, it lifted the back wheels of the van off the floor when we rolled the car off the trailer :O

16v Nova - Toolkit, Trouble, Points and great expence all come as standard :)

e reg shell almost gone!!

Anonymous
14-11-01, 06:49 PM
hmmmmm,a 1.2 towing an SR,for 352 miles,hmmmmm,considering I have never ever towed anything or been towed in my life it seems a bit daunting,would the ignition need to be on the towed vehicle?-to operate the brakes properly?-how much would a lorry etc cost to do the job?

I want some 15"s!

Anonymous
14-11-01, 09:20 PM
The brakes on the towed vehicle wouldn't work as well as normal, as you'd have to have the engine running to work the servo, BUT, they'd still work.....they'd just require a bit more force from the pedal.

Why look so far a field for an SR btw? There are loads of 'em about, so why not look more close to home?

Anonymous
14-11-01, 09:38 PM
try with the handbrake on a couple of notches, and also get the blokes whos towing ya to left foot barke before he actually brakes so that ur ready

[-flash.gif-]

Anonymous
15-11-01, 01:51 AM
lmao @ the fact that all robs cars broke down :D
mate u would be far better off getting a traior or sumthing and bringing it all that way in relitivly saftey.

i popped the origanl 1.2 engine in my white nova and the only person who could tow me home was my mad mate kenny in his ax gt.

we also did about 90mph on the motorways, what made it worse was every time he was pulling away from junctions etc etc he felt the need for burnouts and massive "boot it and see how far i can get me back end to drop" manouvers.

was very scary

Micky@novaload.net :)

Anonymous
15-11-01, 08:58 AM
they wern't all broke down.. some were newly bought in a broked down state

Anonymous
15-11-01, 09:52 AM
lol

"Ste" to his one member he IS the 4th emergancy service

Micky@novaload.net :)

Anonymous
15-11-01, 01:12 PM
one member??
i have fixed loads of novas all over the place and a cruises etc!!!

Anonymous
15-11-01, 06:14 PM
Ste and you towed my nova sri back from the PNG meet a few weeks back. Rick

They say "good things come to those who wait" and me and John have waited longer than most!

Anonymous
16-11-01, 08:05 AM
bob - you in the aa???

here's what you do - you go and collect the car - get towed about 4 miles down the road and then park up in a layby and snap off the cam belt.
Phone the AA and get yourself towed home.
You get a nice ride ina great big van and your nice new car sits on the back of it.
SORTED.

1.3SR FOR SALE ?200
Click For Details.
http://www.novaload.net/forums/forum.asp?ref=2347&id=6&desc=For+Sale+%26+Wanted&mpp=&sort=

Anonymous
16-11-01, 09:15 AM
very tempting,especially as it has full gte kit,and 16" allessios,for ?400!

I want some 15"s!