PDA

View Full Version : turbo diesels

benji
16-10-04, 08:38 PM
i've been thinking about geting a new car for a while, and i fancied a alfa gtv or somthing along them lines. but i couldn't justify spending that cash on a car to sit on the drive and tow my nova with. last week my girlfriend got ran into by a lorry, so we needs a new car. i am gonna get somthing that's practical but is still fairly flash and fast. she does loads of mile evry week touni and back, so it's got to be a diesel, preferably a sporty TDi. i am thinking along the lines of a mk4 golf GT TDi. but they are a bit out of my price range. looking at around ?8000. what other TD's are any good. for that amount of cash i would like leather and air con, but i don't have a clue what comes with that.

any ideas? what's good what's not?

cheers

ben.

Ste_Nova
17-10-04, 01:53 PM
just get a golf platform tdi 130/150

we've got a passat tdi 130 sport.... makes an idea tow car

Nick
17-10-04, 04:35 PM
alfa romeo 156 JTD

My dad used to have a sportwagon (estate) 2.4 JTD it had leather air con e.t.c and it was very quick for a diesel, couldn't really tell other than sound.

pick them up quite cheap now.

krobinson
17-10-04, 08:24 PM
Seat leon? Seat Toledo?

A good 1.7TD Cavalier's a car what wont let you down either, find a good one and your landed!

Keith

Mike
17-10-04, 08:27 PM
like Krobinson said, id stay true to the vauxhall roots and by a cav?

wack in sum GSi leathers and ur laffin. for an initial outlay of bout ?1000 max, u could av a nice'ish standard motor?

Col_Mk1
17-10-04, 08:29 PM
cav 1.7td and plenty spare cash :wink:

benji
17-10-04, 09:30 PM
i've been looking at a 306 hdi. air-con, leathers, full electrics. on a w/x they fetch around ?5/6000. the golfs around that year cost another 3/4 on top of that