PDA

View Full Version : Got my car back! With a pic

tom_beverley
16-10-04, 06:23 PM
But it failed the MOT so its getting fixed now :evil: Its just one thing after another, hopefully this is the final hurdle! Hopefully finished and MOT'd on monday so only a couple of days.

Drove it from the bodyshop to where its getting fixed (about 20 miles) and it was class. First time id drove it for 18 months!

The wheels are catching on the front wings so what could i do about that? Flair them? Theres a lip on them so could they be rolled liked the rear ones?

Im well impressed with whats been done, lol best thing was driving past people and turning heads. ill get some pics up when i get it back (touch wood) on monday! :D

Took a pic the other day just found it, just waiting for it to be finished (hopefully) today!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v147/tom_beverley/Finished1.jpg

dan_mk1
16-10-04, 06:33 PM
Pics!?

tom_beverley
18-10-04, 03:58 PM
added a pic now

Benn
18-10-04, 04:41 PM
needs a grille,
looks wicked tho

Adam
18-10-04, 06:12 PM
Very nice mate, make sure you keep hold of your license now.

tom_beverley
18-10-04, 10:17 PM
yeah i think im going to mesh between the lights instead of a grille. Its a mk1 front end but theres a gap below the lights still, so from the pic do you think i could mod a mk2 grille to fit?

nam
18-10-04, 10:27 PM
love that bad boy probly one of the best i have seen so far mate, but the bumper dosnt seem to fit right :?

Adam
18-10-04, 11:23 PM
Yeah mate the bumper needs lifting slightly so it sits flush with the light, i think you will just have the mesh between the lights as you said cus with a grill i don't think you will be able to lift the bonnet catch.

ade
18-10-04, 11:44 PM
or get a mk2 grill and mod it to fit. Just need to reduce gap under lights on the grill legs and then adjust to fit under the bad boy bonnet . Bit of cutting and shunting, body filler and sharpening the corners on the lights - should be okay...couple of weekends should do it...

Looks nice - post some good quality pics...

Roll front arch lip up if front wheels buffing. dont flare them coz it looks crap.

nova ian
19-10-04, 12:35 AM
looks well mate, i like it. ive had mine back from the bodyshop about two weeks now and gots loads left to do, mainly interior.
nice car mate :D

tom_beverley
19-10-04, 10:50 AM
Thanks :D , i think i will get the front arches rolled, I was just thinking that the front of the wheel is pretty flush with the arch so i would maybe have to bring the arch out a bit????

Im going to offer up a mk2 grille when i get the car back (still waiting for it to be MOT'd) and mod it to fit. Shouldn't be too hard since the gap under the lights looks about the right size but i think the grille will need trimming a bit.

Thats the best the bumper will sit, its very heavy since it has been reinforced so it pulls down a bit. Hopefully wont be too noticeable when i fit the grille in.