PDA

View Full Version : My old Crappy NOVA

boredbloke
14-10-04, 09:35 PM
okay i need alittle bit of help,

My nova is the mk1, and it's all standard :oops:

the interior i'm sorting out going for a nice black theme with some red to break it up, I've currently got a brown dash I was going to cover it, whats best to use??

Also I want to change my bumpers to slightly larger colour coded ones, I want to try and stay vauxhall for the bumpers but which ones are best????

I almost bought a set of GTE bumpers that were right nice but i got outbid at the last minute! :x

epo
14-10-04, 09:55 PM
for the dash fit a gsi black dash then fit either black gsi interior or get red sri that should match nicely then spray a few parts up red or black

boredbloke
14-10-04, 10:02 PM
Yea I've started changing most things red n black, seats, door panels, fixings, steering wheel, gear knob, gear shift console etc,

It looks alot better than it did i had 12 year old cream interior that had probly nevr been cleaned ever!

Where's the best place to get a dash from?

I've been making trips to the breakers once a month but nothing much seems to come up

epo
14-10-04, 10:20 PM
ben and will F have a lot of gsi'd in pm one of them

SYD(SRI)
14-10-04, 10:26 PM
Try the gsi bumpers there more rounded then the gte and look alot better

Paul
15-10-04, 07:33 PM
not on a mk1 they don't.

Mk1 GTE 8)

Mel
15-10-04, 09:58 PM
Hell yes! ----^

johnny27
19-10-04, 10:56 PM
I still have'nt see a bumper the suits the nova so so well or even compare to it, the GSi bumper with the big mouth conversion, do it DIY so you can box in the air duct, the ones u buy like the kingdom big mouth ones are crap the mesh sits flush with the bumper so it looks tacky and false, just like if u cut out the lips and stuck a peice of mesh in there. Where as the DIY one looks bling, with the boxed in effect, looks very powerful and vauxy ish when fitted. Doing one myself for the my MK2. Lot of work and time needed but worth it. Whatever you do don't get any aftermarket bumpers, every1 will tell you the same they don't suit novas, the orignal bumpers are the best.

boredbloke
21-10-04, 01:14 PM
Well it's looks like i've got some gte bumpers lined up now, they'll look a dam sight better than the ones i've got right now!:mrgreen:

Is there any skirts I can get for mine as it's a four door(....yes i know!!! :oops:)

All the skirts on places like ebay etc say will fit any 2 door nova!!

But i want some for mine!!!!!!!! :cry:

Come ppl help me!

boredbloke
21-10-04, 01:15 PM
Well it's looks like i've got some gte bumpers lined up now, they'll look a dam sight better than the ones i've got right now!:mrgreen:

Is there any skirts I can get for mine as it's a four door(....yes i know!!! :oops:)

All the skirts on places like ebay etc say will fit any 2 door nova!!

But i want some for mine!!!!!!!! :cry:

Ste L
21-10-04, 01:15 PM
get some gte/gsi and cut the backs down where it goes up the arch

boredbloke
21-10-04, 01:16 PM
Does that definately work okay??

Ste L
21-10-04, 01:17 PM
it should do, and it would suit the gte bumpers aswell

boredbloke
21-10-04, 01:19 PM
That's what i was hoping for! Now were getting things sorted!