PDA

View Full Version : SRi not firing

hendrix
14-10-04, 04:57 PM
Came to my SRi yesterday and tried to start it. All it did was turn over but not fire. I had to bump it off in second.
Anyone any ideas?? I thought it might be damp in the dizzy but this problem has never happend before.
Got it running but it seems very reluctant to start from the key. There is also a bad smell of fuel (could have flooded?)
Cheers
Andreas

david dixon
14-10-04, 05:09 PM
If it happens again give your fuel pump relay a hard flick and try starting it again (without throttle)!

newboy2thenova
14-10-04, 05:58 PM
hi m8 had the same problem with my nova last week turned out it was the battery on its way out..it had enough 2 turn the engine but not 2 generate a spark..could be an idea

newboy2thenova
14-10-04, 06:08 PM
hi m8 had the same problem with my nova last week turned out it was the battery on its way out..it had enough 2 turn the engine but not 2 generate a spark..could be an idea

newboy2thenova
14-10-04, 06:10 PM

novahead
14-10-04, 06:55 PM

if there is a enough to turn the engine over there will be loads for the spark,sounds more like fuel.