PDA

View Full Version : 4 BRANCH MANIFOLD FOR A 1.2 NOVA!!!

az_e11
13-10-04, 10:35 PM
My m8 is selling a four branch manifold for a nova, for around ?40, he has told me it should go straight onto my 1.2 Nova no probs, and i wont need to change the carb or anything like that,.

Is this true, and also is that a reasonable price for 1, coz i dont know much about them, does any 1 know how much improvement in performance i will get, if i was to put it on.

i think he had it on his 1.2/1.3 nova.

Thanks

8)

nov4
13-10-04, 11:54 PM
it will go straight on, the carb wont make a difference to wether the manifold fitment. but if u put a 1.4 carb on it would increase performance more. the manifold should increase power by around 5-10 and sound loads better!!!

HTH

Dave
14-10-04, 12:33 AM
4 branch manifold is usually the exhaust manifold so it wont make any difference to the inlet side of things. as far as i'm aware all nova exhaust ports are the same so it would bolt straight on.

the carb can be changed for a pierberg 2e3 (1.3/1.4sr) one (as they are the same) but will mean changing the inlet manifold over and changing from a manual choke to an automatic one, which will mean 't' piecing off the pipes to the heater matrix.

burgo
14-10-04, 01:28 AM
changing from a manual choke to an automatic one, which will mean 't' piecing off the pipes to the heater matrix.

this isnt true i made an auto choke carb into a manual one by using the manual throtle linkage off the original carb

Dave
14-10-04, 09:16 AM
with the 2e3 in it's standard form it is :lol:

Snowface
14-10-04, 04:18 PM
you want a 1.3 inlet-manifold and 2e3 carburettor.

the 4 branch will fit aslong as you get all the sections up to your middle box.

1.4 inlet manifolds don't match up to 1.2 heads.

Philsutton
14-10-04, 04:42 PM
the manifold will fit but you might have to use a different exhaust system or modify it to fit