PDA

View Full Version : car got broken into!!

isrs
13-10-04, 09:56 PM
my car got broken in to today while i was in work. they smashed the small front window near the wing mirror and un-locked the car.

they tryed robbing my stereo i think as it sticks out a bit cause it wont go in any further, but luckily i took the glove box out a few days ago and screwed the stereo in to stop it falling out.

couple of questions : who do i take out that window and fit a new 1?
: also would a perspex window there be any stronger?
: and can you buy alarms that are conected to the windows so that if they brake the alarm goes off?

its already alarmed with 2 imobillisers, so might try and get an up grade.

cheers

burgo
14-10-04, 01:19 AM
a perspex window there is a very good idea i think, as it will be hard tp smash enough to get there hand in.

to get that window out there are two screws at the top of the pilla bit and one behind the door card i think, release the pilla then slide the window out

p.s. the windy window has to be all the way down for this obviously!!!

Adam
14-10-04, 11:39 AM
Perspex window will be a good idea, cus when it breaks it tends to leave razor sharp edges, which is a good thing.
Any shock sensor alarm would sense a brick being put through the windows, but if they broke it without throwinjg something threw it then a shock sensor probably wouldn't pick it up.
An alarm with ultrasonic sensors would pick up the glass falling into the car so that would trigger the alarm.

General Baxter
14-10-04, 04:54 PM
window tints do a good job as the hold the glass together, and its all sticky :lol:

Philsutton
14-10-04, 05:03 PM
^^ have to disagree woth you there, i have tinted windows an ive still had people put bricks through it no trouble. I say put land mines on the door handles blow the f**kers arms off

epo
14-10-04, 05:07 PM
revs did a security test a whild back and they tested the window tint security film and it only gace the car an extra 20 seconds before the tea leaf got in

General Baxter
14-10-04, 05:08 PM
still 20 seconds tho 8)

Adam
14-10-04, 06:12 PM
I got a video of security film, it stands up against concrete blocks being thrown at it, half a house brick just marks it.
It doesn't shatter it just marks the window.
If anyone can host the video i will upload it, its 16Mb.
The window stuff is fooking mint stuff by the demo on the video.

isrs
14-10-04, 08:50 PM
well got it done now i just put a new window in but i might consider putting a perspex window in soon though.

phill your going to extreme there, you get car with flame throwers under them in soth africa ithink that'd scare em.

epo its thanks to you that my stereo didnt get robbed because i saw you reply to someones post about a mk1 stereo falling out and you told him to take the glove out and work at it from there so i took mine out and had a look and found a place where i could scew the stereo to the metal sleeve thingy so it wouldnt move what so ever and the glove box is held in by about 2 inch screws. it aint goin any where.

i looked at it earlier and i could see where they had put a screw driver in and they'v put a f**k off dent in the side of me stereo.

but on a good note, when they couldnt get mine out and the alarm was screaming they actually went to a saxo in the same car park and robbed that stereo instead!

Dave
14-10-04, 09:21 PM
phil will be pleased :lol:

security film combined with a good alarm would give you an extra couple of seconds to hear them an try an give chase

epo
14-10-04, 09:35 PM
epo its thanks to you that my stereo didnt get robbed because i saw you reply to someones post about a mk1 stereo falling out and you told him to take the glove out and work at it from there so i took mine out and had a look and found a place where i could scew the stereo to the metal sleeve thingy so it wouldnt move what so ever and the glove box is held in by about 2 inch screws. it aint goin any where.

do i get owt for free then :lol:

seriously though am pleased something i said has helped its usually all bollocks :lol:

Philsutton
14-10-04, 10:03 PM
phill your going to extreme there, you get car with flame throwers under them in soth africa ithink that'd scare em.

flames just arent good enough, i want big explosions

robb
15-10-04, 09:30 AM
These kind of people need to just be scooped up in a giant shovel and fed to tigers, shot, burnt or just deported to the sun on a one way trip. They are wank*rs and don't deserve to live.

isrs
16-10-04, 09:10 PM
yer it did cheers epo.
phil you sound like a mad man.
and robb i know what you meen.