PDA

View Full Version : wiring in mk2 clocks

19-NoZ-19
13-10-04, 07:26 PM
hey guys!

ive got a problem with wiring in my mk 2 clocks to my mk 1 loom.when i bought the car it needed a new dash so instead of sticking a mk 1 back in i decided to put a mk 2 in and get a set of mk2 clocks too.the person that had the car before me has also chopped the connector block off that clips into the back off the clocks so now ive got to re wire the new connector block up for the mk2 clocks but i havent got a clue about wiring and its starting to do my nut in now! :evil: so can anyone give me some help and tell me which wires go to which wires?

these are they wires ive got on the car loom:

blue
blue+yellow
blue+green
blue+white
blue+black
brown+red
grey+green
white
black
brown+yellow
brown+white
brown
green

these are the wires ive got on the mk2 connector block:
blue
white
grey+green
brown+red
brown
black+blue
brown+white
black,white+green
black
black
brown and yellow
blue+white
green and blue.

the mk2 clocks have also got a rev counter so if any one knows how to wire that up aswell it would be great!

cheers guys :)

david dixon
14-10-04, 05:18 PM
If I was you I would get myself to your local scrappy and have a look at a mk1 loom and check the numbers on the mk1 plugs(for each wire) then match the wires to the same numbers on your mk2 plugs.

geordie_racer
14-10-04, 05:25 PM
if i was really you mate id try lookin through the old posts as ive written a few wiring diagrams for this stuff before also try www.roybacer.net as i wrote one on there aswell just can't remember how far back

chris

geordie_racer
14-10-04, 05:50 PM
got bored so dug this out,

http://www.novaload.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=89378&highlight=

there should b enough information in there for you to wire your clocks if you get stuck let me know

chris

19-NoZ-19
14-10-04, 08:12 PM
ahhh! cheers mate ill let you know if i sort it :D :wink: