PDA

View Full Version : Nova 2005 Special Model..?

DEATHCAT
13-10-04, 06:16 AM
i was just thinking how gr8 it would be if Vauxhall release a Nova 2005 Model.

just think about it with all today technology MINT lol

i want to get a vote going to see how many people want this to happen.

Stuart
13-10-04, 06:53 AM
and what will the vote achieve?

it will be like the KA, ie not very good at all

DEATHCAT
13-10-04, 07:43 AM
well if there is enougth support then maybe i will get onto vauxhall and show them the results and hope fully they will take them into account

also the design on the car should be similer but maybe a bit more rounded lol

anyone feel like drawing up a design for this car ??

peester
13-10-04, 07:49 AM
lol. an avid fan, i'll give you that. apart from the shape/look of the shell (obviously) the current new corsa IS a 'new' nova. wudn't be good mate; new cars are far too safe/clean and far too governed to be any good. plus they just wouldn't be old skool anymore would they? as for enuff support and talking to vauxhall; dream on mate.

DEATHCAT
13-10-04, 08:06 AM
nar im being serious m8 im gonna try and pursew this as mjuch as possible lol ;)

Hi.

being a great lover of Vauxhall cars i thought i would inquire on something close to my heart. I own a Vauxhall Nova one of the best if not the best Vauxhall ever made ;) and i was speaking on a site i am on about Vauxhall releasing a new model for 2005 just a limited edition one or if it sells well enough maybe a perminate car.

well the thing is the nova was proberly you best selling boy racer car and revolutionised the whole car customisation era and being this almost every owner of this car would love to be able to purchase a brand new model because it is such a great car a master piece of vauxhall enginnering.

just think of the possibilities of this car it would be like going back into the past and reselling the nova with todays technologys and seeing peoples eyes light up when they purchase one. even though the car is about 12 years old trust me on this is it far from dead.

so i would like to ask your design team to take this into consideration and please inform me on you thoughts and oppinions.

i am getting a team togeather to draw up some designs of which you will hopefully like but feel free to change these to your perspective on what the car should be like.

my email address is: webmaster@vbdesign.org if you would like to speak further on this issue please feel free to email me.

thanks in advance.

David

hows this sound added a little bit of suck up in there see if you car spot it lol 2 buttons to those who do lol

RJM25R
13-10-04, 08:14 AM
Buy a new corsa and put a nova badge on it..............

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Stuart
13-10-04, 08:28 AM
prehaps run the email through a spell checker before sending it off.

oh and the car industry is a very fragile beasty (i know this well now) and VX wouldnt even consider a one off run like that unless they coudl garuntee selling every single one for max profit. and id guess it would be about ?20K a car. which not many "nova fans" would be able to afford.

to put it simply, VX wont give a flying fcuk that you love the nova and want to see a new one. also if you make it roundy then you have a corsa

RJM25R
13-10-04, 08:43 AM
And of course, the factory at Zaragoza in Spain where the nova was originally built has been re-tooled twice (for corsab/corsa c) at a cost of 2 billion pounds.

So, basic economics here, (prices are guess-timated!!)

Vauxhall make 10,000 nova's....

it will cost ?1 billion to re-tool for Nova shells, plus another billion for panels/dashboards etc......

They have to pay the workors for building them and run the factories (heat/electricity/gas/admin staff/paint+sundries) say another billion

and re-engineer some existing parts (engines/brakes etc) to fit "new" nova say 200million

Plus they LOSE 2 billion because they are not making any Corsa's for the world market (Corsa is even sold in Australia as a Holden Barina!!) while the factory is making nova's......

Thats ?5.2billion before they sell a car....

And they have to sell the new nova's at a profit of course....

So each Nova would cost ?52,000 to build and they would have to sell at 3 times that to turn a profit...... because they still have to re-retool back to make corsa's after the ltd edition run has finished!!! LOL!!!

If anyone wanted a mint nova, (re-)build one yourself.... like ALL the owners of mint nova's have!

dan_mk1
13-10-04, 09:41 AM
LOL, what a stupid post! im sure vauxhall will take the email very seriously.....*wheres the delete key!??!*

Philsutton
13-10-04, 10:06 AM
most new cars a s**t, they dont have any character like the olds ones. If they did make a new nova they would do exactly what they did to the mini. Destroy it

Ben
13-10-04, 10:25 AM
There is a 2005 Nova out, its called a Corsa Just like Vectra's are the newer model cavaliers, they only changed the name to comply with Opel and europe, Nova in Spanish means No go so we took Corsa rather than them take Nova.

-Bruce-
13-10-04, 10:42 AM
i also think this is a pointless post, sorry mate its never going to happen its not economic for vaux. and it could never look like a nova, as phil says they would reck it just like the mini. they would have to make it a stronger shell in a colision etc. sorry mate. but i would like to see what vaux say if and when they get back to you.

bruce

5_door owner
13-10-04, 12:46 PM
yeah. it'd probably never happen; but look at when deawoo did the nexia (mk2 astra only slightly changed) that looks preety decent .but they sold loads of them. and lets say vaux did make a "new" nova i cant see how people are gonna pay ?10k(average hatch + -) when they can go out and buy an "old" one in good nick for about ?6-700

nam
13-10-04, 02:32 PM
yup silly post really. the amount of moeny that it would cost vux to build them would be stupid. u may as well just make your own :roll:

DEATHCAT
13-10-04, 05:03 PM
hey hey i got a reply

Thank you for your recent email and for your interest in Vauxhall Motors. I will certainly pass your comments to our design teams; however, I regret to advise that your design ideas can only be reviewed by the staff at our centralised patents office whose address is shown below. This is for certain GM corporate regulations relating to patents and copyrights and you would therefore need to contact them direct. They will, however, only respond to hard copy correspondence not e-mail, fax or telephone.

The Director
New Devices Section
General Motors Corporation
Pontiac Centrepoint Campus - North
Mail Code 483-585-336
585 South Boulevard East
Pontiac
Michigan 48341-3163
USA

The above office handles all contacts concerning suggestions for new designs, inventions and general product enhancements for all General Motors vehicle divisions world wide. Consequently Vauxhall Motors are unfortunately unable to comment on the merits or feasibility of your new idea ourselves.

Thank you again for contacting us and I regret we are unable to become directly involved.

Kind regards

G Pooley (Mrs)
CUSTOMER CARE CENTRE

Please note that in responding to your request for assistance we will store your personal details and respective correspondence on our customer care database

Stuart
13-10-04, 05:42 PM
lmao

standard "fuck off" reply there

Nick
13-10-04, 05:48 PM
lol being honest here, compared to modern day- Nova's are pretty shit cars now lol.

I like em, perticularly the design with the blistered wings e.t.c and with some Performance modifications like Suspension kit, bigger wheels, modded engines they can be pretty nippy and well handling cars, and look quite smart too..

but they're still bottom of the pile, if someone offered me a BMW i'd swap at an instance.

now before you all bash , i like em lol. I'd hardly call them a masterpeice of engineering, more like a acceptable peice of engineering i don't class anything on them as being amazing, even in their day (i could be wrong tho, anyone know anything that is amazing ?)

So no, there is no possible way that vauxhall would spend millions of pounds reinventing an old car when they've allready done it i.e CORSA C

and a "rounded nova" !? that is a CORSA B, if you look the sills are exactly the same as a nova, same general proportions , same everything just round !

Nick
13-10-04, 05:51 PM
what would be good is if they rolled off some original nova's from a factory, brand new, built in 2005 , exactly the same as the old spec, so u could grab ureself an absolute minter to do up (preferably they'd galvanize the rear wings)

but then again, that's never going to happen because of health/safety e.t.c cos now they'd be deemed as deathtraps from a factory.

dan_mk1
13-10-04, 07:04 PM
We need more 'You are an Idiot" votes!

krobinson
13-10-04, 08:53 PM
No, they should never remake the nova.

However, much like the mini, someone needs to start producing the shell's, pannels etc again. This would be a much better option, that way it can live on with the enthusiasts, and it will still take some effort to own one.

Keith

Rach
13-10-04, 08:55 PM
We need more 'You are an Idiot" votes!

i voted that hours ago... lol

DEATHCAT
14-10-04, 05:14 AM
hehe im not an idiot just a bit of fun here guys

Ian
14-10-04, 11:27 AM
wonder who added that option ;)

wisewood
14-10-04, 11:36 AM
They had to get the cleaner to draft that reply to you - all the vauxhall bosses, and even underling filing clerks were too busy pi$$ing themselves at your email to them.

The Nova mk1 was upgraded to the Nova mk2, and then was upgraded again with more than just a facelift to become the Corsa. The Corsa which is currently rolling off the forecourts is the latest model of what was once the nova. If they launched a new small car today, and called it the nova - it would have to fit in with the vauxhall company image - which at the moment means it would have to look VERY similar to the current model corsa. :roll:

It's a nice idea to have a batch of nova's rolled out again so s lot can all go out and buy a brand new one with air conditioning and a sixteen valve engine as standard - but it's never going to happen. Find a mint condition second hand one and work on that if you want a nova - or if you want a new car with new car luxuries, buy yourself something new - but not a corsa they're over priced and under specced :D

Mike
17-10-04, 12:09 PM
they already make a nova. its now called a corsa!! why would they bother reproducing a car that looks like its bin designed on tetris???

i no, i own 1, but its true i reckon??

J4MES
17-10-04, 04:45 PM
HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

theres far to many serious replies here, talking about economics, etc....i just p*ssed myself.....if only i could vote more than once :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

clawsk
18-10-04, 09:00 PM
What they should do is next time Vauxhall decide to upgrade the Corsa they should just call it the Nova! That way we could all own a nice brand new shiney Nova, As long as it doesnt look like any of the present day Corsa's I'd buy one.

The best idea though is for some1 to build new shells.

8)

robb
19-10-04, 11:46 AM

However, much like the mini, someone needs to start producing the shell's, pannels etc again. This would be a much better option, that way it can live on with the enthusiasts, and it will still take some effort to own one.

Keith

Agreed, and possibly upgrade the design and quality with all the new technology we have nowadays. The old presses and factory equipment are prob still around somewhere collecting brambles and stingers!

martweaver
19-10-04, 04:32 PM

Keith

Correct!!! I'm sure everyone would appreciate this, I know I would. New shells would sell by the bucketload.

i wonder how long a car needs to be out of production before Vauxhall Heritage would consider re-making anything???

Mart

robb
19-10-04, 05:22 PM
Yeah a new shell would be fantastic, and better quality shells that are stronger etc. Better quality panels etc.

Fantastic

Mike
20-10-04, 07:50 PM
new shells are the future!! :D

i had a scary thought a work 2day, in ten years or so time, even scrap yards are going to be out of nova parts!! :|

Corsa's may well rule the world!!! :cry: or chavs in 1.1 saxo's??

Nick
20-10-04, 08:43 PM
Lol, Galvanised Shells !

retrosi
20-10-04, 08:59 PM
:lol: :lol: feck it.....nova 4x4 v6 supercharged special edition!!! alumnium extruded chassis the works :lol: :lol: :lol:

dan_mk1
21-10-04, 01:44 PM
18 for 'yes it would awsome!' - idiots! lol