PDA

View Full Version : Anyone off to Curborough at the weekend?

karl Rowntree
12-10-04, 10:25 PM
As above, the PVG are holding a sprint day at curborough this saturday open to all members of the club. (dont want to hear the usual slagging match about png i am bored of it)

Just wondering who was payed up and going if anyone as i am getting the nova out of the garage for this one. Going on a trailer though as its not taxed or insured. Taking the evo aswell to see if i can sneak it on as a nova saloon!

I think spectators are welcome if anyone lives close. Should be a good day. Lets wait and see if brett brings his car out to play, dave is he? About bloody time if you ask me

Karl

Ian
13-10-04, 09:08 AM
brett was getting back from greece late last sun night hence no show at mikeyredtop meet, so dunno if going.

where is curborough?

novacabrio
13-10-04, 09:49 AM
im going in the vx, I think its not far for you Ian, around that area I think all deatils can be found
here (http://www.pvgforum.net/cgi-bin/forum/YaBB.cgi?board=events;action=display;num=109464315 0)

No spectators allowed due to space
Curborough website (http://www.curborough.co.uk/)

Ian
13-10-04, 10:14 AM
ahh down past stoke area

NovaNeil
13-10-04, 12:34 PM
Yep, Me, Padge, Scott and Adam (Nova AJ) are all coming along Karl. We'll see you there.

Neil

karl Rowntree
13-10-04, 06:12 PM
Ian, Curborough is in a town called lichfield not far from my house. Its about 30 mile from stoke.

As for no room for spectators there is loads! Its only a small track but there is alot of space around, it has a pit lane etc. Would be good to see a few faces there.

Neil, see you there mate :wink:

karl Rowntree
13-10-04, 06:23 PM
Damn! No spectators :cry: Oh well lets see how many people you can get in a discovery :lol:

scott.parker
13-10-04, 07:22 PM
Yep, Me, Padge, Scott and Adam (Nova AJ) are all coming along Karl. We'll see you there.

Neil

Huh i dont even need to post on nl anymore as people do it for me.. lol

Yep im well up for a bit of track action as affter silverstone at trax im well hooked!

And i have had a few goodies added to her to make it better when cornering,and a small performance mod.so i will see if there anygood as long as it's not wet,the valver dont like rain :( :D

scott

nova---chris
14-10-04, 03:57 AM
Im dropping me engine back in hopefully saturday morning. if i can get done sharpish i might pop over and see whats happening. Only about 20 minutes from me i think. 8)

NovaNeil
14-10-04, 12:28 PM
Karl, Scott... Have you two received your tickets yet? Or do you just turn up. As Padge still hasn't heard anything about his.

karl Rowntree
14-10-04, 06:24 PM
Neil, i havnt even payed yet mate :lol: They are trusting me to turn up come rain or shine, which i will. I plan to take the nova to a level i have never taken it before on saturday. Try and snap a drive shaft maybe :lol: Going to see what it can do with the hand brake aswell, going to need it round curborough.

Just up for a laugh, dont really give a damn about times :wink:

scott.parker
14-10-04, 06:47 PM
neil mate if you look on pvg web site http://www.pvgforum.net/cgi-bin/forum/YaBB.cgi?board=events;action=display;num=109464315 0
You can see there what you need to know mate,im just going to get there for about 12.30 and pray it dont rain or els i might need karls trailer to get home :D

scott

novacabrio
14-10-04, 07:00 PM
video of Curbourgh

http://www.pistonheads.tv/default.asp?nr=1&p=2

second video down, doesnt look very wide!

novacabrio
14-10-04, 07:01 PM
video of Curbourgh

http://www.pistonheads.tv/default.asp?nr=1&p=2

second video down, doesnt look very wide!

some other good videos on that site aswell, check out the Mclaren F1 on page 1

NovaNeil
15-10-04, 12:27 PM
Hey up karl....... I know how your going to take your car to new levels.... Your going to let me drive it so I can stuff it into a barrier :lol: Sound familar..... :D

Neil

karl Rowntree
15-10-04, 07:51 PM
Neil, passenger rides are not a problem we will have to talk about driving it, i am open to bribes!

Lets wait and see what tomorrow brings :wink:

scott.parker
16-10-04, 09:01 PM
Well this was a wicked day it was fun in the morning with a wet track though i thought it may have made it worse,it just made for more fun,and boy did we all have fun,got some video on my phone of karl sliding round a hairpin,looks smart.

As for me i was loving all of it,and when the track dryed off in the afternoon i got out there and ripped up my pore yoko's and there only three mounths old,i dont think they will last more then six at this rate affter trax and this,lol

neil was well impresd with karls driving when he took him out round the track,and so was my mate mike when he came out in mine,neils mate padge entertaind us with some offroad antics,nice one padge :wink: :lol:
great day out and carnt wait to hit the track again sometime..

Oh and Neil hurry up and get your pics up mate..mine smoking like hell from the offside,Quafe LSd needed soon,lol

scott