PDA

View Full Version : Brand new Gear linkage, And still shit!

clawsk
11-10-04, 07:55 PM
Just had my car back from the garage where it had a new gear linkage fitted. The linkage alone cost me a tonne.

Anyway the change is still shit! do you think i would benefit from fittin another box?

cheers 8)

Steve Barker
12-10-04, 09:20 AM
maybe ! how do you mean the change is sh1t ? there never perfect depends what your comparing it to.

Ste_Nova
12-10-04, 09:42 AM
best gear change i have ever used is in works e reg transit!!!

Stuart
12-10-04, 09:53 AM
:roll: mega helpful lol

try taking the fear cassette out and inspect the baulk rings for damage.

but help us, define what s**t is!

Steve Barker
12-10-04, 10:22 AM
try taking the fear cassette out and inspect the baulk rings for damage.

I think inspecting the baulk rings might be slightly beyond his capabilities remember he got the garage to replace his linkage ! :lol:

Stuart
12-10-04, 11:40 AM
ok then lol, he can pay for my fuel and ill go strip it down for him lol

clawsk
12-10-04, 06:40 PM
Shit as in not half as good as my other gsi, it went to the garage cos my dad knows the bloke who owns the place so they did it for next to fuck all, plus i cant be arsed fuckin around in the cold!

Found the problem anway, the linkage piece on the box was slightly bent.

Stuart
12-10-04, 09:24 PM
because we all drove your gai to know how "good" the linkage was on that

if you want help (which granted you dont need now) its best to describe things litterally not "its not as good as the other one"

:roll:

Jim
12-10-04, 09:59 PM
I was going to ask if you were sure they definatley fitted one, and which linkage did they fit? Was it a straight replacment or is a quick shift gear linkage kit? Anyway, you seem to have solved the problem, but like Cambridge said, a bit more information would be usefull next time.

Jim