PDA

View Full Version : mounting buckets

benji
09-10-04, 07:09 PM
i have a split in my floor from my bucket seat, how should i proceed. i will have it welded, but then what do i need to do to prevent it happening again? the seats arebottom mounting if that makes a difference

cheers

ben

Ste_Nova
09-10-04, 07:25 PM
it must have split cause you mounted it wrong... get it welded... but fix the fault

Dar
11-10-04, 12:37 PM
I guess that you have drilled holes in the floor of the car and bolted the mounting brackets to the car.

The first thing to do is get the split welded up. Why not get the mounting points strengthened whilst your at it.

I have a different solution on my car again. I have side mounted seats so it may not be applicable to you. However all info is good info:-

I have 90 degree angle welded from the inner seal to the tunnel. One for the front and one for the back. This provides a very strong platform to mount the seats from. You have to get rid of the origonal Nova bracket on the tunnel but Mr Grinder makes short work of it.

Ste_Nova
11-10-04, 04:00 PM
yup chop them off
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/Ste_Nova/progress003.jpg

Stuart
11-10-04, 05:07 PM
you might want to weld along the seam that the verticle for the rear meets the floor, jsut bhund the drivers and passender seat (and goes over the tunnel) as its only spot welded in a few places :o

drill stop the crack.split then have it welded up, and then plate it before redrilling for the seat mounts. BIG washers either side of the car too.

benji
11-10-04, 09:13 PM
whay do you mean by drill stop the crack? drill at either end if it then re-weld? i'venever done any welding, so now's a good time to learn :D

Stuart
11-10-04, 10:23 PM
yeah drill a hole at each end of the crack. as this will stop it from propogating in futute. The RAF use that method on old aircraft lol