PDA

View Full Version : ASTRA GTE DASH FITTING, WITHOUT USING MK2 CAVALIER CLOCK SUR

az_e11
08-10-04, 09:27 PM
Does any 1 know of a better guide, other than the 1 on Novaland, on how to fit the actual digi dash into a mk1 Nova, not the wiring, i mean cutting out the dashboard / or even without cutting the dash to bits.

As it says to get hold of A clock surround from a MK2 cavalier, which i cannot find any where.

Has any 1 done it b4who has come across this problem
any one who knows a better way on installing it, to fit, as i amfinding it hard to find any info on this.
Please help

thanks

8)

Nick
09-10-04, 09:01 PM
riiiight

if your Nova is a Mk2 then you don't need anything, itwill be a straightish swap for your old clocks.

if you have a Nova MK1 then you'l need a cavmk2 dash sourround n some bits of dash trim/material to cover up holes u make, appartently it's quite a tricky job to get it perfectly ina mk1.

on the mk2, simply follow the guide as much as you can, i.e band the two metal bars in the dash apart from each other. then there is no right or wrong way, just try pushing the dash in, and eveyrthing it fouls, needs to be bent/removed/cut.

eventually you'l have applied enough gental persuasion to fit the clocks in.