View Full Version : Advice for me and you

Anonymous
05-11-01, 12:52 AM
Hi,

Just some things i have found out and i would like to know.

To clean alloys and get all the brake dust off, use something called Astonish, it cleans them up lovely, then polish em after look really nice.

Also im after a bot of advice my friend wants to tint his back lights the same colour as his car. Its metallic silver, and i heard somewhere that if you can get silver tint type stuff or can u make your own?

thanks

Sue

xxx

Anonymous
05-11-01, 11:22 AM
right, dont put polish on your wheels, it will just mix with the brake dust and bake itself on (ask micky)

i have just sprayed the lenses on my mk2 nova white (they still have the black surround) they look completely white, really nice, and u still get a lot of light shining through.

they only problem with doing this is there are o reflectors...reflectors are there for when u are parked up with your lights out, so people driving down the road can see your car...

i'm fitting sum reflectors into my rear bumper...

i sprayed my clusters with normal car body paint, from about 30-40cm away, very lightly then left them to dry.

i'll post a piccy when i've got my white wheels on to compliment my white clusters ;) (i have an immaculate flame red mk2 :D)

Nova Community
Visit: www.RoyBacer.co.uk
Email: Ged@RoyBacer.co.uk

Anonymous
05-11-01, 01:18 PM
well said geddy!! i find that mr pledge does the trick i once had oz racers in white that cleaned em up a treat!!!!!

another tip! i spilt a bit on thew bodywork once i cleaned it off and it felt like id been polishing it 4 hrs!!!!

makes it really shiny it does! :D

"Saxo?, i'd rather walk!"

:D

Anonymous
05-11-01, 02:03 PM
apparently you mix some body coloured paint with clear laquer and then spray them.

Anonymous
05-11-01, 03:02 PM
whats that ian for the wheels???
seriously though mr pledge makes poilished alloys really come up clean u know, puts a nice shine on them....coz i now got momo sports u know the poilushed ones???
and good ol mr pledge makes em shine...much better than crappy wonderwheels!!! .....(lousy wonderwheels) x-(

Anonymous
05-11-01, 03:04 PM
mr pledge? is your coffee table called mr coffee table?

Anonymous
05-11-01, 03:10 PM
hahahahaha im sorry should really be mr sheen shouldnt it?????
hahahaha what a dick.....lol
never mind u knew what i meant!!! :D
well pointed out though luv!!

so what do u use on ur wheels??

Anonymous
05-11-01, 03:11 PM
luv? cheeky man! stay away from me arse you!!

Anonymous
05-11-01, 03:16 PM
well :'>
whatddya mean arse!!! why cant i call u luv then ???

Anonymous
05-11-01, 03:36 PM
i dont see much point in doin that ian, as soon as u put any kind of spray on your rear lights (whether it be ?15 foliatec, ?2 normal car spray paint or if u get a piant/laquer mix) you are covering up the reflectors so they are illegal. I've sprayed mine white and they still show a lot of light through, i think if your gonna touch your rear clusters, u might as well go the full hog like i've done, rather than doing the paint/laquer mix thing cos that wont look as good, and still be just as illegal...

Nova Community

Anonymous
05-11-01, 05:10 PM
"well
whatddya mean a**e!!! why cant i call u luv then ???"

maybe summit to do with the fact hes male!!!!!!!!

lmfao:D

anyways

isnt astonish that stuff u stick on your bathroom mirror and it stops it steaming up? :-/

Micky@novaload.net :)

Anonymous
05-11-01, 05:22 PM
lol@Micky n blondie - i have noticed a few people thinking blondie is a bird coz of that name...

And as for the rear clusters - mix in the colour of the body paint with clear laquer and spray it on...
Paul Jackson did this on his blue nova - looked really good.

Anonymous
05-11-01, 05:37 PM
blondie time to change name?? or sexuality? :-)

I want my car back :-(

Anonymous
05-11-01, 06:10 PM
Never been pulled for having white/no reflectors on my car despite theyare technically illegal...

Anonymous
06-11-01, 08:43 AM
errm why the hell would i paint clear clusters? doesn't that defeat the whole object of having clear ones ged? lol

Anonymous
06-11-01, 09:20 AM
The name stays for I am him that they call blond. Dont assume so much he who has named himself after a range of performance air filters.

Anonymous
06-11-01, 09:53 AM
you've misunderstood ian

u mentioned mixing laquer and paint, i said if your gonna touch your rear clusters, u might as well got the full hog and get them looking their best by spraying them with normal paint rather than just laquer and paint mixed, as both methods are illegal...

i didn't mean u should spray your clear clusters...lol i might be thick but not that thick...

Nova Community

Anonymous
06-11-01, 09:58 AM
oh no! oh my god!
im v.sorry :D
i didnt realise blondie!! :D
hahahaha erm.......hehehe.....erm ah!
.....wotn hgappen again!!
whats wrong with the name k&N anyway???

Anonymous
06-11-01, 10:07 AM
nothing m8. Just pointing out that because my name may suggest femininity it is not neccessarily so as I am as masculine like conan the barbarian yet suave like errol flynn with strength of bull!! Just like I imagine you are not a performance air filter.

Anonymous
06-11-01, 10:11 AM
how very well put my man!!! blondie?? are u a conosuir of the classics by any chance???

:-/

Anonymous
06-11-01, 10:13 AM
No I'm just bored and felt like rambling about shiznit. lol

Anonymous
06-11-01, 10:14 AM
so..ur not a conosuir of the classics my good freind???

Anonymous
06-11-01, 10:22 AM
I have dabbled sporadically in some of the greater works of the late 17th early 18th century but alas, nothing written since has ...how should I put it?...Quoshed my lust for the well written word.

Anonymous
06-11-01, 10:24 AM
here here.......

Anonymous
06-11-01, 01:38 PM
So, er ... sorry to sound thick, but if i was to spray my rear clusters white like my motor, how do you prep the surface? and wouldn't the paint just scratch off really eaisly?

Anonymous
06-11-01, 03:24 PM
well no not really if u put plassy primer on it will come through to vthick you wont b able to c anything!!! :D
just spray it on then use lacquer after!!!
thats what i did wheni sprayed mine mint green!!

dont worry i took em off after 2hrs
!!!!!
coz no-one else liked em!!....and i nearly got nicked!!! x-(

Anonymous
06-11-01, 04:18 PM
K&N, u is crazy! lol

and your not far behind blond bwoy...lol

by the way, what colour hair u got?

Nova Community

Anonymous
07-11-01, 01:45 PM
dark my good man......dark!!!

twas u that told me the tale of the pants uno wasnt it????

twas grand my fellow...just grand...alas my laughter :D