PDA

View Full Version : car cutting out

nova ian
07-10-04, 08:18 PM
i am having problems with my nova 1.2 spi. since i hav got it back from having some bumpers fitted it keeps cutting out every now and then. its strange because to begin with i thought it was that it was cold, but it has been happening when the engine has got warm. tonight was the worst, i had it running in the garden after it cut out several times on the way home from work, i turned the lights on and the engine began to splutter, then when i turned them off it revved to 2 and a half thousand without touching the accelerator! and when i tried the indicators they just came on and then the engine cut out. i started it again, revved it hard a few times and everything was back to normal!

i am totally baffled as i thought it was a fuel related problem but now im wondering if its electrical, just wondered if anything similar has happened to anyone else or if someone could shed some light on what it maybe. thanks alot. ian

sorry its a bit long winded!

NoVa_KhAn
07-10-04, 11:37 PM
bad earth me thinks

mine keeps doin i cant b botherd 2 fix it yet i wil soon tho think its from my stereo or amp

when i put my cig lighter on my battery light comes up in my dash

nova ian
10-10-04, 02:36 PM
fingers crossed the problems been sorted, there was a loose earth to the back lights :roll: