PDA

View Full Version : My new nova!!!!!!!!!!!!! (finally)

Anonymous
04-11-01, 09:19 PM
Hi ive just bought a blue nova sri the only poblem at the moment is that the fue gauge does not seem to work the bloke i bought it off told me that its somthing to do with the fuel sensor any ideas? how easy is it to fix can i do it my self? and how much would it cost? thanx PS i wont let my mate drive this one!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous
04-11-01, 09:51 PM
lol don't worry common problem!!! it's the actual gauge u'll find when mine was fooked i tried sender unit! wiring etc
wouldn't fix so i borrowed chris w's clocks it was working, d'oh!!
so n e way while my clocks were out i tampered and now it works don't ask how but try take gauge out and replace it again it may be bad connection prob or summing?

I want my car back :-(

Anonymous
05-11-01, 03:20 PM
mines doin that aswell!!!! x-(
i flick the gaugee and sometimes it comes back on ....oh oh and when im about halfway on the fuel tank it starts to move then???>>

reckon i should takre em outand replace em!!!

"Saxo?, i'd rather walk!"

:D

Anonymous
06-11-01, 11:09 PM
In my case, it's definitely the sender in the tank, 'cos it does the same thing with either my old 6-clock GL dash, or with the Astra digi.

What it does is work fine until the tank gets to about half full, then the level jumps about a bit, then finally drops to zero, even though there's half a tank.

All I do is re-fuel when it gets to this point, and never let it drop any further...that way I know I'm ok for fuel, so should never run out. It's still an annoying pain in the arse though!