PDA

View Full Version : bumpers

nova_madness
07-10-04, 02:02 PM
Hi every 1,i have just brought a mk1 nova and it as sr bumpers on it but the are not sitting flush on the car and the guy i brought it from said they need re fitting.Iv,e had a look and the bumper wont go forward any more so it wont sit flush,but i noticed that it has strentghing bars on the car is that the problem,do they need to be taken off and then the bumpers fitted on.Im new to nova,s so any advice on this problem would be very much appreciated .
thanx every 1 john

SYD(SRI)
14-10-04, 10:31 PM
Them bars are there incase u hit summat so it dont damage ya rad, reckon your best off taken it off and trying to fit it yourself that way mate, altough on my 3rd sr i got a none genuine frt bumper and it wouldnt sit flush at all no matter wat i did, also have a look at your cross member at the bottom of the rad it could of had a smash and bent it which also could cause it not 2 sit properly mate.

hope i could help syd

nam
15-10-04, 08:36 AM
or the bold on the inner wing could have come out if the bumper has been off befor and refitted, mine came out(and still are lol) and the bumper has droped on the lefthand side.

the bolts are in the inner wingat the front the should be two bolts about 2/3cm apart.

novaadam
17-10-04, 03:42 PM
it could be the bar that was a prob that i had the bar the bumper clips in was bent and their for didnt sit in right so check for that good look mate :wink:

nova_madness
18-10-04, 11:15 AM
problem solved as the bracket holding then bumper on ,on the wing just needed tightning and re positioning and that was it thanx every 1 4 help.
top guys.