PDA

View Full Version : HOW TO TAKE THE FRONT BUMPER OFF A MK2 NOVA

Lynx001
07-10-04, 12:37 PM
I just want to know how to take off the bumper.

Any help would be appreciated

Cheers

Chris
07-10-04, 02:28 PM
If you put full right lock on get down and inside the o/s wheel arch, look in there and you should see two 13mm bolts going into the chassis, remove these, then fell on teh inside of the wing and there should be 2 10mm bolts going into the bumper, remove these. Change the lock and repeat this from the other side. If the bumper was fitted at the factory or fitted properly then you should have some plastic clips holding the bottom of the bumper to the front panel, if you have then push the centre of these clips out and remove the outside of them. You say its a Mk2 so up-pop the grill from the wings and front panel, now just pull the bumper forward (and out at the edges to clear the wings).

Chris

Lynx001
07-10-04, 03:39 PM
alright chris nice one for that.

you know the 2 13mm bolts are the attached onto the wing, if not i dont know where you mean.

Cheers

stiller_uk
07-10-04, 03:50 PM
The two 13mm bolts are at the front of the car inside the wheel arch.

Lynx001
07-10-04, 03:57 PM
need pics if you could, a bit clueless hehe.

the only ones i have seen are the ones to take the wing off

Cheers

Jim
07-10-04, 10:35 PM
Shine a tourch into your wing and look into the arch as if you are trying to look at the number plate from inside the arch. You should see the two 13mm bolts near the front of the car approximatley half way up. Theres a chance they are covered in crap so get a wire brush and try and clear any built up crap.

Jim

Lynx001
08-10-04, 08:59 AM
nice one guys.

Benn
09-10-04, 11:12 AM
u can just unbolt the bmper iron from the mounts,
there 2 13mm bolts just under the headlights,
i've found thats the easyest way to take the bumer off

Nick
09-10-04, 08:58 PM
i've heard that the bumper never goes back on properly when you take it off like that !? doesn't line up

Philsutton
09-10-04, 10:38 PM
i find it easier to take it off with the bumper iron on, with the 2 13mm bolts on the inner wing. Just full lock the wheels over then you should be able to get them.

Benn
09-10-04, 10:54 PM
i find it easier to take it off with the bumper iron on, with the 2 13mm bolts on the inner wing. Just full lock the wheels over then you should be able to get them.

fair,i find it easyer the other way....so eash to there own...