PDA

View Full Version : Hazard light switch knackered - Options?

Jules
05-10-04, 08:08 PM
As I found out on the way home from work - my hazard light switch ('91 GSi) is knackered - you push it to turn the hazards on but it has difficulty in staying in when you try to turn them off - resulting in mucho one handed driving / gear changing on the way home, eventually it stayed in but it was a royal pain the in the ass!!

As a temp fix is there anything I can do until I get a new one?
I remember reading something ages ago about pulling it aprt and removing a spring or something?

Cheers In Advance.

dan-hipgrave
05-10-04, 10:12 PM
yeh basically the back will unclip with a bit of difficulty, and then it all comes apart and there are 2 springs inside, just take them out and put the back on and it will now be a push in/pull out jobbie.

I did it on mine for a temp fix when it broke, but it didnt seem to work very well - the hazards didnt seem to like staying on....

_JH_
05-10-04, 11:40 PM
definitely remove the springs so its pull on push off

mine broke, got a new one from vaux, it broke within a week (the first time I put them on), i 'fixed' the old one while I got a replacement, then decided the 'fixed' old one was far better. gonna stick the new one from vaux on ebay as it must be of use to someone.

novaboy1981
06-10-04, 01:41 PM
when mine did it i just wedged it with some folded up paper!!
then just nicked one out a scrappy and its been fine every since :D

Riggy
06-10-04, 09:36 PM
jules are your comin to the meet on sunday as i have a spare if you need it :D

Jules
06-10-04, 10:57 PM
Sorry m8 but I can't - Gotta work.
:cry: