PDA

View Full Version : 1.4SR Project, what do you think !?

Nick
05-10-04, 07:26 PM
I have a 1.2 and i've sorted the car out, Gmax kit,GSi kit, Gsi interior,Digidash , 15's

and i was planing to do a 2.0 Turbo conversion in my yr out b4 uni, but it'd leave the car uninsurable whilst i was away - hence, If it was stolen i'd loose like ?5000 i put into it.

So i've got a Year now and about ?1000 a month that i can spend, and i was thinking of building it into a bit of a Mean 1.4 SR as it's carb already.

1.4SR,1.2 Head,t40's, cam e.t.c

I know there is a 1.4sr tuning guide but can anyone suggest anything else, is it worth doing a full rebuild on a cheap ?50 2nd hand engine, or is is worth going and buying one that's been done already , and where should i look for such an engine ? Justnova's for example ?

What about a 1.416v or does that not exist ?

Also after this, what kinda BHP am i looking at. I'd LIKE 130bhp... but i don't know if that'l ever happen !? deffo over 100 tho

as i said it's only to tide me out till i've gone to uni and finished, then if the car's still alive it'l get the 2.0 turbo it so desperatly wants !

Matt Nova
06-10-04, 12:01 PM
corsa sport engine is 1.4 16v mate that'd be good fun to tune. Its up to you

Stuart
06-10-04, 12:44 PM
a) save some cash for uni ;) you WONT regret that choice

b)

1.2 head with 1.6 valves cut in (but keep the 1.2 valve stem length)

deck it, port it to match the new valves etc

add a kent AST2 (or piper eqv, or even an enem one if you find a supplier)

T40's and a good 4 branch exhaust, should see a nice bundle of power.

as for the bottom end, its your call but a 1mm overbore (obv new pistons), regrind or polish the crank and get new HD bearing shells. new seals all round etc ARP rod bolts and so on

talk to an engine builder and see what they can do for you.

Nick
06-10-04, 03:37 PM
Yer that sounds good, So i guess it doesn't really matter what engine i buy, as long as it's not totally ragged !

What kinda price do you think i'm lookin at to get it all done !?

Ste_Nova
06-10-04, 05:09 PM
i have a mint 1.4sr bottom end you can have if you take it away, and a 1.4 cam in housing.... add a 1.2 head and ur sorted