PDA

View Full Version : why does my car lean?

alxlaw
05-10-04, 02:05 PM
i recently put 60mm drop lowering springs on my car, i noticed that the back seemd to lean to one side???....so i thaut (as you would) that it was the shockkers so i went out n bought sum expencive sports shockers......it still leans ahhhhhhh why!!! whhhhhyyyyyyyyyy!!!! :evil:

oggy
05-10-04, 02:07 PM
do u have sum weight on that side, that could do it or it could be that ur springs are worn on 1 side like compressed

alxlaw
05-10-04, 04:48 PM
no theres no weight i took all my ice out n it still leans! what u mean about the springs , i thaut springs were springs nout to em ? about 4 months ago i turned them round n swaped em round n it seemd to sort it for a week untill it started leaning agen everythings brand new soooo confuzzzzzzed

Riggy
05-10-04, 05:54 PM
the rear springs should onlt go in one way up you know so maybee you have it up side down and the bit that it locates on has slipped out of possition a bit

hard to explain but the top of the springs coil in to a small coil, if you want these are different top and bottom

robb
05-10-04, 05:55 PM
Check that the mounts on chassis and beam are level and equal to each other i.e. flat.

Other than that it's difficult to sort over forums.

alxlaw
05-10-04, 06:04 PM
kk well i kno wich way up they go coz theyv got writing on them and they wont fit the other way, a m8 of mine sez i might of bent the rear axle???.....but since its had lowering springs its not been driven (banned) i fink i might just buy sum new rear springs coz they were only ?10 off ebay, hope that fix'z it but short of that any other ideaz?
thx 4 d advice fellaZ

m.d.
05-10-04, 07:33 PM
try your standard springs again and if it sits level then you know its the springs, but by the sounds of it they have not settled yet, get someone else (as your banned) to drive it arround the block for a few hours (making sure they go arround both left and right hand bends and over speed bumps)

if they were not sat in the cups correctly at first they should be by now, then you can see if its a problem with the springs or the car,

alxlaw
06-10-04, 01:16 PM
nice 1 :o ill get ma dad 2 take it 4 a spin.....ill check if the old 1'z level it out first tho
thx

alxlaw
20-10-04, 08:05 PM
iv cracked it!!!! the drive its on.............leans at a 20 deg incline to 1 side!!!!! yey......sorry ill shuttup now bye

burgo
20-10-04, 08:18 PM
lol im sorry but to think ya car is leaning when its actually the drive is a tad silly

alxlaw
20-10-04, 08:20 PM
oh yea! oh yea! oh yea!.......sorry look i am reeeeeeeeeeeally thick sorry