PDA

View Full Version : Indicators

Hazel
05-10-04, 01:26 PM
Well the problem is.........

One minute i'm driving along and everything's fine. Then the next my indicators completely stopped working. Tried the hazards and they didn't work either. That was last night.

Then this morning, driving to work they were fine to start with but then they'd kinda flash really slow. Like they were going to stop working again.

I'm guessing it's probably something to do with a fuse or loose connection or something somewhere. But how / what do i need to check?

Any help would be appreciated!

Hazel.

Al Wilson
05-10-04, 01:34 PM
A loose connection sounds more likely as if the fuse had blown they wouldn't work at all. It could be a loose earth on the indicator circult or a wire that has rubbed through and is touching another wire or grounding itself to the bodywork somewhere, which sounds more likely as you've said its temporally working.

Looking for the problem is just a case of tracing the wires back from the indicators to where they all join up under the dashboard. On mine (1990 model) the indicator wires are green/white so they're probably be the same on yours.

Hazel
05-10-04, 01:52 PM
Thanking you :D

Riggy
05-10-04, 04:38 PM
is it a mk1 or mk2 as the mk2 hazard light switch is prone to becoming faulty which would make your inducators stop working :D

Hazel
05-10-04, 04:59 PM
It's MK1. Does that make a difference?

Hazel

Riggy
05-10-04, 05:23 PM
right well if its a mk1 dash and thinking you still have your mk1 dash it is prob a loose connection some where and looks like you are goin to have to trace the wires and check them :(

epo
05-10-04, 06:54 PM
A loose connection sounds more likely as if the fuse had blown they wouldn't work at all. It could be a loose earth on the indicator circult or a wire that has rubbed through and is touching another wire or grounding itself to the bodywork somewhere, which sounds more likely as you've said its temporally working.

Looking for the problem is just a case of tracing the wires back from the indicators to where they all join up under the dashboard. On mine (1990 model) the indicator wires are green/white so they're probably be the same on yours.

my guess would be loose earth too or a coroded terminal

Hazel
06-10-04, 01:04 PM
All sorted :D
It was one of the relays.
Thanks people!