PDA

View Full Version : front arches!!

johnatstroma
05-10-04, 08:42 AM
Any1 know of a way to make th front arches a bit wider on my car without having to buy a wide arch kit for th front?

The 17's need a bit more space at th front, my back arches are fine its just the front ones having problems with.

bit of a strange question but never know wat someone cud come up with tht cud be of use to me!

dunova
05-10-04, 09:49 AM
Could you not just role the lip up? Thats what i did and it worked fine (17's, 40 offset, lowered 60mm)

johnatstroma
05-10-04, 07:19 PM
iv got th same setup on the front as you but they seem to sit further out thn th wing on mine, havent set th camber yet which mite sort it abit better. You any pics of your arch with the 17's on to see how yours looks?

John

parrington21
05-10-04, 07:25 PM
i had this problem my wheels came out ferther than normal, the bloke who does my car got this long bar with like a army can opener on one end hooked it under the arch and it had this big waight that he banged up pulling the arch out didnt cause any damage and widned the front arch enuff.

m.d.
05-10-04, 07:29 PM
any pics of the result

johnatstroma
05-10-04, 07:32 PM
yeah any pics?
dnt want to lose the shape of the front arch.

John

m.d.
05-10-04, 07:38 PM
on a mates nova a few years ago we had to bend the arches as his offset was too low on his 15s so they rubbed the arches,

we just took a soft (rubber, nylon, wood etc) hammer to the lip at first and bent it flush with the inside of the wing, this was not enough so we then slowly hammered the inside of the wing where we had just bent the lip away to just slightly make the wing wider, anly managed to make it about 10mm wider but it was enough and without really looking at the arch shape it was no different but stopped the rubbing

johnatstroma
05-10-04, 07:44 PM
cool :) i will try that sum time this week and see how much can get. thnk bout 10mm would be enough to get thm in without rubbing, get tht done b4 going away for respray nxt week so dnt have to worry about damaging th paint.

Cheers!!

burgo
05-10-04, 11:11 PM
john have you got a mk1 or mk2

johnatstroma
05-10-04, 11:16 PM
its a mk2

John