PDA

View Full Version : cavalier central locking

johnatstroma
05-10-04, 08:32 AM
will a 4 door cavalier central locking system be easy to wire into my 2 door nova? can get the the full loom for free.

Also wats the chance the electric window motors can be put on the nova?

Cheers

John

Philsutton
05-10-04, 11:18 AM
Novas come with electric window anyway so fitting some isnt going to be hard. They came in sr's GSI's my luxe has them as well. I would use a nova central locking system as it would be a straight swap

johnatstroma
05-10-04, 07:22 PM
So cavalier central locking system wudnt be fairly straight forward to put in?

Its because my brother inlaw is breaking his cavalier nd said i can have all the parts i want off it for nothing b4 he scraps it this weekend?

John

Alex
05-10-04, 08:21 PM
90% of central locking motors are the same (in fact most are from the same manufacturers). I have 2 motors in each door (one for locking, one for opening) all from different cars (no nova parts). You just have to make your own wiring loom etc. It is not that hard.

johnatstroma
05-10-04, 08:39 PM
we were gonna tk th full central locking loom outa the cavalier nd wire it in. how do u open the door on your car then? is it jst from th key fob or u do you still comply with mot rules of having a way of manually opening doors from outside car?

I know some people have a button under their wing mirrors tht do it!
is it a hard setup to install tht kinda thing?

Alex
05-10-04, 08:51 PM
I have buttons under the mirrors, as well as the ability to open them from the key fob.
Its not complex, just a little harder than centrsl locking

johnatstroma
05-10-04, 09:13 PM
you get any thing which shows you how to do that mate?
wat do u need to do tht?

John