PDA

View Full Version : 15, 16 or 17's

Anonymous
04-11-01, 11:21 PM
Bit of a dilemma. Cannot decide what to fit on my J reg MK2?
Price is not really a factor as the prices of wheels have come down so much recently and tyres can be obtained from a mate who runs his own garage.

I rarely speed as my engine (1.2) cannot do much (although the engine it will be upped in the next 6 months to a year).
I fill the boot and have passengers in the back on occasions so I don?t want it to rub (too much) and it?s not lowered.
I was thinking 16's.

Another quick question. When I fit the wheels and I get a puncture what is the smallest size I can use as a temp replacement until the alloys tyre gets repaired/replaced? Or should I get another alloy and tyre?

Past posts about wheels are difficult to find, and the guide does not help much.

Cheers guys (and girls)

Anonymous
04-11-01, 11:39 PM
Just realised I contradicted my self-saying that I don't speed but I am putting in a bugger engine in the next 6 months to a year :D What I meant to say was that I am not bothered if adding big wheels mucks up 0-60 or top speeds. Cheers

Anonymous
05-11-01, 12:33 AM
15"for performance
16"a compromise
17"for looks

17"s are gonna rub like a twat unless u get arch mods, 16" may be ok (back arch's may need rolling)

however you are gonna need it lowerd tho coz it will handle like a shopping trolly ;), oh and stick to et 45-49,

ps, im selling a set of of 15"tsw evo r's (et45)

Anonymous
05-11-01, 10:58 AM
16's mate

Anonymous
05-11-01, 06:23 PM
16in 195 45 R16 tyres. 49mm offset. And some slight rolling on the rear arches. If you are against rear arche mods then get some 16s that are 185 in width, they do exist (Irmscher Softstars for instance).

Ben.