PDA

View Full Version : Fastest Nova

Anonymous
01-11-01, 09:15 PM
www.velosmotorsport.co.uk are claiming to have built the fastest nova in the world, what do you think?

Anonymous
01-11-01, 10:31 PM
Hum.....well, with the track figures I've seen in the past for that beast, I'd say they're probably right, BUT, and this is a VERY BIG BUT, I've recently been talking with a fellow forum member (on my own forum) about Bike Engined Cars (mainly Minis and Westfield's etc), and he says that there's a few Bike engined Novas about!

I don't know if they really exist, but if they do, they would wipe the floor with that Velos Nova, especially a twin bike engined Nova, which could easily have 304 bhp from two Kawasaki ZX9 engines! (like the Tiger Z100...see this link for details http://www.zcars.org.uk/thecar.htm )

These engines only weight about 70KG each too (including gear box), so power-to weight ratio is mint.

I was about to post a new thread about Bike engined Novas, and the possibility of it, but was doing a bit of research first on bike engined cars.
Very interesting........

Anonymous
02-11-01, 09:10 AM
I saw that Car at Billing. It does appear to be built for Speed, but it's mainly for 1/4 mile sprints. They did have another Nova witha similar set-up which was used for rallying. It wasn't as fast as the one on the link, but still very impresive.

Anonymous
02-11-01, 09:46 AM
ahh but isnt there a 400/500 bhp white nova gte kicking about overseas???

i have sen the website myself

cant rember the addy though

Micky@novaload.net :)

Anonymous
02-11-01, 09:51 AM
yup, i remember that one micky, it was a white GTe, looked pretty boggo...

until they popped that bonnet and u saw a turbo the size of a water shoot at your local aqua park...lol

Nova Community
Visit: www.RoyBacer.co.uk
Email: Ged@RoyBacer.co.uk

Anonymous
02-11-01, 10:07 AM
Big power wont make it quicker to 60mph, with a turbo that big you could time the lag on a clock with no second hand! I believe that they have the quickest 0-60 Nova.

**Why take 16V's onto the track when u can use 8?**

Anonymous
02-11-01, 11:43 AM
feck me...4.5

quuuiiiiiccckkkkkkkkkkk!!!!!!

i'm gonna contact them and see if they want a better site doin though..lol

that's pants!

Nova Community
Visit: www.RoyBacer.co.uk
Email: Ged@RoyBacer.co.uk

Anonymous
02-11-01, 12:52 PM
That's all very interesting marjorie?? whoever you are. Thanx for posting it:)
At last some competition for MC. Lol!

Anonymous
02-11-01, 01:05 PM
lol, just following in your footsteps CP. U could call me 'Mini Me'!

**Why take 16V's onto the track when u can use 8?**

Anonymous
02-11-01, 03:15 PM
http://www.itlab.fi/firges/Cars_page/corsa_pasma/corsa.htm

thats the 452hp nova 5ish on 0-60 times

Anonymous
02-11-01, 04:29 PM
So then...are there any Bike-engined Novas in existence?

Anonymous
02-11-01, 05:04 PM
www.firges.net <-- has the 450bhp nova

Garages sticking to their promises???? not likely!!! :(

Anonymous
02-11-01, 06:12 PM
thats the one i was on about

Block: Secret
Brains: Hestec with direct ignition
Clutch: 228mm 4-paddle sinter
Pistons: Mahle wrought aluminium
Air filter: K&N 100mm
Con rods: BMW's (secret)
Injectors: MSD 1000cc/min
Fly wheel: Lighten
Camshaft: 2*Group-A (Timings by Macce)
Axle shaft: Karpiola steel shafts
Fuel pump: "Big" Bosch
Wastegate: 2*Pate Racing
Intercooler: 43*65cm made by Roni
Crankshaft: Lighten
Watercooler: Pasific racing team F1
Exhaust pipe: 4,0" (Valtonen Motorsport)
Transmission: F20 (=Fuse20)
Turbocharger: Holset 65mm/72mm (by Sami)
BlowOff valve: None
Clutch assembly: Sasch Racing
Exhaust manifold: Snakepit with 50cm pipes (Valtonen Motorsport)
Compression ratio: 6,5:1
Fuel pressure regulator: Bosch

Torque: 466Nm (1,4bar/6690rpm)
Efficiency: 332kW/452hp (1,4bar/6860rpm)
Top speed: 270km/h (enough for this size of a car)
0-100km/h: approx. 5,0sec
100-200km/h: 4,5sec (accelerating with 4th gear)

Firges Corsa is made by Valtonen Motorsport. Firges Corsa is a funny car to drive. When you drive with only surface contact to gas pedal at 150 km/h (4th gear) and press the gas pedal to the floor, the tires start to burn at a short notice. Nice blue smoke comes out from the wheel arch!! And all this on a dry asphalt. Maybe the front wheel drive cars aren't the fastest, but this car is DAMN fast anyway. Firges Corsa should be the fastest Corsa/Nova in the whole World! Correct us if we are wrong... We've got even better results at dyno that dynosheet says. The best one was 498 hp/504 Nm at 1,4 bar boost, but the curve on the sheet wasn't as nice as it is in this released sheet (there wasn't enough grip at tires after 6000 rpm). Nice car to tantalize motorcycles with ;-)

Micky@novaload.net :)

Anonymous
02-11-01, 06:26 PM
The fastest Nova in the world? That's a pretty bold statment to make.

A friend of mine rallied a 1.6 16v Nova with a fibre glass shell and a 'Martin Bowyer' built engine (anyone in the know will have heard of Martins engines)which developed close to 200Bhp at the wheels on throttle bodies.

Also Graham DeSuys' Nova - 300Bhp on Throttle barrels?

I'd like to see more action and let chit-chat!!

Anonymous
05-11-01, 01:21 AM
Thing is though, more power doesn't always mean faster....there's always going to be a balance between power/torque and traction.
Maybe a 1.4 could be quicker than a 2.0 Turbo, simply 'cos it could get the power down better, with out loosing loads in wheel spin.....after all, they're claiming 0-60 of only 4.5 secs.....as far as I know, no 2.0 Turbo had matched that have they?
What kind of acceleration do the rally-spec cars have?

The Velos Nova is bloody quick....remember those track times that where in the PNG mag last year.
(I can't think of hand which edition it was in, but you must have seen it)
Weather it's the fastest or not though...well, it is a big claim, and one which they definitely need to back up!

No ones answered the bike-engined nova question yet....is there such a thing? anyone?

Anonymous
05-11-01, 01:40 AM
Just having a quick look on the Velos site, I found this page:

http://www.vmotorsport.fsnet.co.uk/xedev.htm

It's basically that article that appeared in the PNG mag I mentioned above.
As you can see form the track times, it's blooming quick.