PDA

View Full Version : MBE management system

Philsutton
03-10-04, 06:17 PM
What does everyone think about MBE management systems. Ive been offered one for 300 to use with my twin carbs when i get round to getting some. Anyone had any experience with them?

Dar
03-10-04, 06:28 PM
My car runs on a MBE system. Its used in alot of the sprint cars etc, that i've seen as well.

There are several types though. Obviously for different applications.

SBD deal with MBE systems it may be worth finding out what one it is and seeing if its applicable to your setup.

Also, although I haven't done this yet because my came already mapped as a part of a kit. It can cost up to or over ?500 to set it up to your engine.

Hope this helps

Cheers
Dar

Philsutton
03-10-04, 06:33 PM
its the 967 id kit, it is already mapped as far as i know. It came out off a autograss 2lt corsa. Not had a proper look at the site yet.

Ste_Nova
03-10-04, 07:57 PM
its the 967 id kit, it is already mapped as far as i know.

well it's not going to be mapped for your car is it!!!

_Ben_
03-10-04, 09:38 PM
The 967 is a good piece of kit, the map on it will be useless for your particular application. That said you only need it to control ignition if you are running carbs (a best guess is pretty easy to do).

I would say that as you are only running ignition its a little over-kill.... good if you plan to run throttle bodies in the future.

I think the 967 is 300 quid brand new, so unless this comes with a loom its a little overpriced. Give www.sbdev.co.uk a bell they might be able to help.

Cheers.

BigRuss
04-10-04, 01:28 AM
Phil,

MBE is the ballocks, however it is only as good as the mapping done in the ecu. Every engine is slightly different so the map will get your engine running but might not be exactly bang on to your engine. You would def have to get it set up/mapped to Your engine.

It's the same as fitting twin webers to your engine, the car will run and will probably feel better straight away. But it will def need setting up on a rolling road!!

Russell

-Bruce-
04-10-04, 10:11 AM
i have also been looking in to mapping for the gte!! one of mah mates thinks there is a program that you type your engine spec into and you can download mapps!! just to get the car runing ok, this will save time seting up on the rollers and there-fore money for roller time!! not sure about it but i wil look more into it!!

and phil you will deffo need the engine set up on the rollers. russels expression that the set up is like cars is a good one. might go but not to its full potential!!

bruce

NovaNeil
04-10-04, 12:21 PM
Sorry to spoil the good MBE vibes, but i've heard of some bad experiences with it. I've never experienced it for myself, but a couple of Rolling roads round my way no longer deal with them and now only use DTA which they reckon it is much more reliable...... (hence why I got it).

Remember I haven't experienced this..... just passing on Info I've have been told.

Neil