PDA

View Full Version : harness fixing point for rear?

broody
03-10-04, 02:38 AM
can i bolt the rear harness bit on a 3 peice one to anywhere else but the rear seat points?

like to the floor or the bottom point near the door?

Jules
03-10-04, 04:09 AM
You need somewhere that will provide strength and the correct angle on the harness I believe - I'd of though that the mounts for the rear seat belt sockets (the bits that the latch clicks into) should be OK for the job (Not the ones half way up the C pillar.

Best to get other advice as I don't know a great deal about harness mounting points.

Jim
03-10-04, 10:52 AM
Whats wrong with the usual mounting point? You've removed your rear seats haven't you?

As Jules said, it's the angle thats important. You could mount them to the C Pillar (is it the C Pillar?) near the rear window, where the top of the original rear seatbelts would have been mounted too.

It's down to safety, and tbh, with your cars condition, I wouldnt mount harnesses anywhere other than the usual mounting points.

Jim

Ste_Nova
03-10-04, 12:34 PM
c pillar is bad... get a rear hit or a roll and the belt will go slack

the mounting seen here in dans car is the only one i would recomend

http://www.novaload.net/images/car_images/2011big5.jpg

m.d.
03-10-04, 01:23 PM
agre too, i used to have mine on the c pillar untill i realised what coul happen if you get a bad shunt from behind,

no seatbelt tension = steering wheel shape print on face

broody
03-10-04, 02:00 PM
Ta

nova_rally
03-10-04, 05:40 PM
Plus the mount in the C pillar is so thin and flimsy it isnt gonna hold you back if you have a crash. Stick with the mounts under the rear seat, it's better in the long run!

Alan