PDA

View Full Version : Just an idea...

Anonymous
02-11-01, 03:03 PM
As most will be aware, I am having problems with a garage near to me. It has got to the point where I have reported them to.......
Trading Standards
BBC Watchdog
Motor Traders Association
Stockport Townhall(may work!!!)
other garages that used them
and a few others!!!!

What I was thinking is, is there anyway a page can be added onto this site, with lists of garages in different ares of the country that people have used and what they thought of them or maybe just a simple list of good/bad garages? then we would all know which garages to avoid and which ones are good and you never know, but if a good garage got wind of it, they may start to offer discounts or something!!!

like I said, just an idea, but let me know what you think.

John

Garages sticking to their promises???? not likely!!! :(

Anonymous
02-11-01, 03:59 PM
i have got a garage to add the have had my rear drums off twice and nither time did they put a pin through the castle nut how dogy is that
my wheel was well loode when i jacked it up and the nut fell off in my hand

x-b :)p He Who Laughs Last Laughs Longest :)p x-b

Anonymous
02-11-01, 05:00 PM
That is a very very good idea mate. It gets my full support! ;)

Anonymous
02-11-01, 05:06 PM
Tommy Cooper tuning is gonna go under if this happens...

don't do it, it'll take too long for kev to do, it'll waste band width...lol

PS. If u don't know about Tommy Cooper tuning, tuff :p

Nova Community
Visit: www.RoyBacer.co.uk
Email: Ged@RoyBacer.co.uk

Anonymous
02-11-01, 05:12 PM
have u got a price from just novas john? i think they r pretty sound there, and do that kinda work. I know there parts are fairly priced but not sure on welding work!!

Anonymous
02-11-01, 06:14 PM
It's a good idea john, perhaps do it by PNG region or something? I'm sure we all have stories to tell of good and bad garages.

Anonymous
03-11-01, 10:25 AM
get the vauxhall dealer garage at leigh on the name and shame list. they charged me ?55 to fit my anti roll bar correctly. instead of replacing brackets and bushes like i asked they wrapped cut up inner tube round the bar to make it fit without wiggling.

Anonymous
03-11-01, 11:28 AM
if this list was to be made, I reckon it should concentrate more on the garages that people have had good service/help from, otherwise it wouldn't really be much use, other than to avoid dodgy garages (which is good I suppose!!)
Not sure if there would be any legal implications if people just came on here and started slagging off garages or not though!!

Garages sticking to their promises???? not likely!!! :(

Anonymous
03-11-01, 12:05 PM
yeah man I reckon ur right about that cos it could be a power that is abused easily. and we certainly dont want no muppets tryin to shut novaload down.

Anonymous
03-11-01, 01:34 PM
yea, i reckon, good garages, bad garages, what you thought if the service. did they try to screw u over (charging you an extra ?50 to remove an afgam from ur exhuast pipe that u will never know the truth about). what jobs they did, how mcuh they chrged. waiting list etc

Anonymous
03-11-01, 02:59 PM
everyone is entitiled to an opinion and the freedom of speech. you can get shut down for slaggin people off. you cant get shut down for havin a database with the job you had done, time it took them to complete and satisfaction rating. i think its a wicked idea.

simon

Anonymous
03-11-01, 05:58 PM
Dont ever bring your car to Dick Rapers garage, i would probably drop a piece of gasket into your sump which will then get drawn into the oil feed pipe and cause oil starvation to the crank! So now my nice c20xe will be coming out, which is good i suppose as now it will be even shinier when it goes back in which is always nice, and it shud rev lots faster! Rick

They say "good things come to those who wait" and me and John have waited longer than most!

Anonymous
03-11-01, 10:00 PM
I can't really see how posting a message saying what had happened when so & so Vaux dealer or whatever had your car in is going to be a problem. If the site puts up a disclaimer about peeps views I would have thought it would protect it. Watchdog do it all the time and they're not immune from the law.
In JK's case he could go for "Defamation". I've been told that to do this you take an ad or wotever and say your piece, in the process naming and defaming said garage. To clear their name they then have to take you to court and you then get chance to have your grievance heard by a court and if you are in the right they end up losing and paying costs etc. ( I think! (he said covering his arse)) lol!