PDA

View Full Version : scrap yards haha

Riggy
02-10-04, 07:28 PM
well today i went for a nosy round a few yards for a couple of things

was in one scrappers when i found the pipe that sean needs for his valver so i bought him that and the 2 nuts that he was missing - should sort his air leak out lol :D ?5

but the real bargain of the day - was in another yard when we seen a gsi - was nothin left on it but just for chance had a look (cos i need a full gsi loom) but when i open the bonnet there is a sticker on the air box sayin k&n equiped dont throw the air filter away as its re-usable - :D so looks inside the box and its still there lol

so the guyed looked at me like i was a pauper buyin a air filter from a scrap yard and charged me ?1 hehehe for a k&n pannel filter lol :D :D

epo
02-10-04, 07:31 PM
nice one mate bet seans well happy

Al Wilson
02-10-04, 07:34 PM
Strange they have no idea of the value of some things yet manage to charge/extort ridculous amounts for switchs that no one but me needs!

Ste_Nova
02-10-04, 07:36 PM
i found a full ew/cl setup in a car today.... mint

-Bruce-
02-10-04, 08:04 PM
sounds like two good finds riggy. get bawhead to fit that pipe soon so we can see if its fixed!! lol

bruce

ade
02-10-04, 10:55 PM
good find m8!

Theres no scrappy's near me that I know of. The only decent one has since closed down :(

Ah the many hours you can spend getting lost in a decent scrappy :roll:

ade

burgo
03-10-04, 12:18 AM
i went down to my local scrappy, opened the bonnet of a cavalier and what is there sitting there??? a nice k&n cone filter, so me mate put it in his jacket lol

broody
03-10-04, 02:22 AM
I once went to a scrappy, got something off a car and paid for it!

deankenny
03-10-04, 03:52 AM
i went to a scrappy... and well ..... dint have a fucking clue :?

Jules
03-10-04, 04:05 AM
I once went to a scrappy, got something off a car and paid for it!

Liar!!!

You've been many times to the scrappy to get bits for your car as you keep breaking them - this is the problem with used parts, you don't know if they are any better than what you have or how long they'll last.
It's often a false economy.
:roll: