PDA

View Full Version : Not bad for an evenings work (pics)

Chris
01-10-04, 11:32 PM
Well this is how is started out

Before (standard suspension)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v39/noraslator/76ca6289.jpg

HKS fully adjustable coilovers
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v39/noraslator/a5f69253.jpg

Standard shocker
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v39/noraslator/21f88c4f.jpg

Standard against HKS
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v39/noraslator/ed7fdc3a.jpg

No shocker
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v39/noraslator/23f86641.jpg

New shocker fitted
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v39/noraslator/ae507d5a.jpg

Shocks on floor
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v39/noraslator/a5f69253.jpg

I haven't uploaded any pics of the rear shocks but they look really good.

After
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v39/noraslator/P1010112.jpg

The car drives so much better now and the handling is improved no end. Not bad for 2 hrs work. My mate Matt is well happy

Chris

epo
01-10-04, 11:34 PM
nice one mate looks awsome
should give you the edge to out corner golfs :wink: :lol:

Chris
01-10-04, 11:39 PM

not me mate, I dont drive it like that, that's matt's job lol. I didnt even try against that golf anyways I was still in 5th LMAO!!

Chris

-Bruce-
01-10-04, 11:48 PM
looks good chris, much better looking at the front anyway, as you say not bad for 2 hours work!!

bruce

nova ian
02-10-04, 12:04 AM
:D that car is ssssooooo nice!

benji
02-10-04, 12:12 AM
coilovers are the future :wink:

epo
02-10-04, 07:47 AM

not me mate, I dont drive it like that, that's matt's job lol. I didnt even try against that golf anyways I was still in 5th LMAO!!

Chris

yeah i know mate was just messing

is matt taking it to manchester for the mikey meet?

Riggy
02-10-04, 10:31 AM
lol chris doesnt drive it like that cos he sees ?s in front of his eyes lol

and as for that golf lol how funny was that haha the nobber :D and phill nearly missed his turn off goin for it :D

karl Rowntree
02-10-04, 01:32 PM
Hi Chris

How much did he pay for the coilovers mate? Are they second hand?

After silverstone the front shocks have started knocking on my evo so would like to upgrade tp coilovers if i can afford them. Has it made a real difference to the feel of the car.

Sorry for all the questions, just that i am still learning about the evo :wink:

Karl

dan_mk1
02-10-04, 05:26 PM
Hi Chris

How much did he pay for the coilovers mate? Are they second hand?

?500 of ebay mate! not sure what the retail is.....

m.d.
02-10-04, 06:27 PM
sweet mate, love those cars,

noticed tho that the shock mounts are very simmilar to the front of a nova, (where it mounts to the hub that is)

Chris
02-10-04, 08:33 PM
They were really easy to fit at the front, 3 nuts on top mount and remove the brake pipe support from shock and remove the gommet supporting the ABS sensor wire in then the two bolts at the bottom of the strut, and it was out. The fitting is the reverse.

Karl,

Yep they were ?500 of ebay, second hand only covered 12,000, apparently they retail at ?1500. They are really well made, good quality (but I always believe you get what you pay for). The only problem we are having at the moment is that the rear wheels are scraping in the top of the wheel arch, the fronts are adjustable but the rears need doing with Gas, so we will look for someone to set that up profesionally along with the camber. As for driveability it drives so much niver, not uncomfortable but a nicer feel in general. We did a scatter rally in it today and it drove and handled really well (apart from arches scraping). Matt hasnt had the chance yet to test it in the dry but we had fun last night in the wet. He is very impressed, just needs setting up properly now. I would advise getting some, even if they are ?1500 newI bet OE isnt much less.

Chris

Mel
02-10-04, 08:50 PM
*drool*

that is one sexy low rider! :)

5_door owner
02-10-04, 10:08 PM
tasty motor m8,

the coilovers looks tons better than the stock one's,

have you got anythin else planned for it???

karl Rowntree
03-10-04, 09:18 PM
Thanks Chris, will keep my eyes open on ebay then! Standard shocks are approx ?700 and cant really afford ?1500 as i want a stage 1 kit on it aswell. I would be intrested in feeling the difference in the car as i cant believe how mine handles at the moment, i cant imagine it getting better!

Is your mate the evo owner one down to come to the day in memory of Mikey? If so it would be good to have a chat with him.

Anyway thanks again mate, look forward to seeing you on the 10th mate.

Karl

Chris
04-10-04, 08:42 AM
Karl, he will be at the meet in the EVO and I already said that I though you might have wanted to go for a spin to see how the suspension was (forward thinking, you see), he said no probs mate, see you on sunday

Chris

Matt EvoVI
04-10-04, 08:07 PM
The rear suspension is now sorted no scraps any more thank god. And it handells like it's on rails, very impressed.
Ordering the carbon fibre bonnet tonight. :D

benji
04-10-04, 08:32 PM
if it handles like it's on rails, it means you arn't going fast enough :D

karl Rowntree
04-10-04, 09:20 PM
Matt, there is a carbon fibre e6 bonnet forsale on lancer register, its second hand and looks mint. I dont think its sold yet, the seller is called james aldridge i think.

Dont know if thats any help to you but thought it might save you some money :wink:

Karl

Jim
04-10-04, 10:24 PM
Karl, (and Chris)

John Hilton should be coming to the meet in his Evo too, you three could have a mini evo meet in the corner :)

Jim

m.d.
05-10-04, 08:14 PM
if it handles like it's on rails, it means you arn't going fast enough :D

true ohhhh so true

karl Rowntree
05-10-04, 11:00 PM
Jim, it will be nice to meet a couple of evo owners as no one has one round by me. Been funny at the shows aswell this year as ive normally had to park it round the corner from the novas!

Are you going on sunday mate? If so looking forward to seeing your car and you as i dont think we have evere met face to face? Tell me if i am wrong.

Benji, m.d, seriously these things really do handle like on rails. Its the only car ive driven that i can not lose, and when you do ie round silverstone, its very easy to control.

benji
06-10-04, 12:26 AM
try harder :D

Matt EvoVI
06-10-04, 07:44 PM
Look forward to meeting some new facees this weekend,

see you all sunday.

Riggy
06-10-04, 09:25 PM
Karl, (and Chris)

John Hilton should be coming to the meet in his Evo too, you three could have a mini evo meet in the corner :)

Jim

lol novaload evo meet :D :D :D

jkhilton
09-10-04, 01:40 PM
Karl, (and Chris)

Jim

lol novaload evo meet :D :D :D

Annoyingly I am working!!!! but I will be taking an "extended" lunch break ;) lol

I'm aiming to be there for around 12.

All this talk of evos, I had to post a pic of mine(I want it lowering now!!!!) oh and it was raining and muddy, hence why the car isn't clean :(

http://uk.geocities.com/jkhilton_uk/P1010010small.JPG

epo
09-10-04, 02:45 PM
who cares how clean it is john its and evo therfore and awsome car :wink:

karl Rowntree
09-10-04, 03:22 PM
Very nice John, whats the spec on your evo mate?

Know what you mean about lowering them. You could live in my wheel archs its that high!

jkhilton
09-10-04, 04:28 PM
it's pretty much standard apart from the Blitz Nur Spec and the magnex downpipe and decat pipe.
I also replaced the standard clutch with an AP Organic one, I thought about a paddle clutch, but for everyday driving it just isn't suitable, it made the clutch alot heavier and more severe.

Hopefully in the next 2 weeks it'll be going to CPP to get the whole Autronics treatment with Antilag and Launch control, not sure what sort of power I'll be looking at.

There's loads of little bits and pieces I'd like for it, but I am moving flat again in the next few weeks, so need some cash spare for any mishaps/expenses.

Have you got any pics of your Evo yet?

John

karl Rowntree
09-10-04, 07:56 PM
Few nice choice mods there john. Pretty much what i want to do to mine, exhaust, bov, air filter etc.

Its mad how you get used to the power isnt it, damn thing feels slow now! You should get a fairly hefty hike in power with your future plans though.

Not got any pictures yet mate as i dont have a camera or know how to post images on the net! Anyone fancy taking some photos of it tomorrow? I really dont have a clue :oops:

epo
09-10-04, 07:59 PM
ill take a few karl

but if you have any pics of it email them to me an ill put them up for you

karl Rowntree
09-10-04, 08:03 PM
Thanks mate, afraid i dont have a single picture! so a couple of shots would be cool. Would be good to get some so i can prove to my future kids that dad owned a couple more cars than just a nova! :lol:

Look forward to seeing you tomorrow mate.

Karl

epo
09-10-04, 08:44 PM
aye same here

but lets be honist your is not just another nova :wink: :lol: