PDA

View Full Version : Buying a 2ltr

jonny_mcc
01-10-04, 12:23 PM
I've been offered a 2 ltr nova. It's a k reg and my mechanic says its pretty mint. I was thinking about buying it and just keeping it for track days until i can get insurance for it. I told this to my dad and he said i would need to put a roll cage in it if i wanted to do track days. how much will this cost? Any ideas on who might insure me I'm 19 and been driving for a year and a half.

Stuart
01-10-04, 01:17 PM
you dont "have" to have a roll cage but its is advisable

Philsutton
01-10-04, 01:34 PM
i dont have a roll cage an have been on the track. The cost can vary quite a bit as they are so many different types e.g weld/ bolt in, full cage a half cage.

mark_GSi
01-10-04, 04:29 PM
i had a full saftey devices cage in my 2nd nova and it ROCKED!!!

it was a full bolt in cage

took me a full weekend to fit :lol: :lol: :D :D

m.d.
01-10-04, 04:41 PM
mine is a full bolt in cage (that i welded in too as i wanted to stiffen the shell up some more)

it took about an hour to fit but i had to cut the dash away when i refitted it as the gage goes through the speaker holes lol

Gunzi
01-10-04, 04:54 PM
from www.courtenaysport.co.uk :

A Courtenay Sport Rollcage will dramatically improve the rigidity and stiffness of the vehicle shell. This in turn will make the car feel more solid, allow the car to turn in better and give a much improved handling response with a greater level of feedback. These are great benefits for any road car and even more so for those who take part in track days.

Prices :
Rear Cage - No Diagonal ?150
Rear Cage - Fixed Diagonal ?185
Rear Cage - Removable Diagonal ?208
Front Cage - ?135
Door Bars (each side) ?22
Powder Coating - various colours available ?POA

jonny_mcc
06-10-04, 10:21 PM
Thanks a lot guys. This was really helpful. :)