PDA

View Full Version : Elkectirc windows and central locking

5door_racer
29-09-04, 11:05 PM
i bought an electirc window kit from a 3dr(sri i think) but i recently found out that the electric windows are different on a 5dr. will the 3dr kit fit my 5dr?

are they that difficult to fit?

Nick
30-09-04, 04:26 PM
i got mine an it looks pretty fookin complicated, n i got a B A-Level in Electronics ! lol

I'l let u kno when i've had a bash at mine

Ste_Nova
30-09-04, 05:05 PM
better go back to school then :lol:

Mel
01-10-04, 02:01 PM
lol. i have the sort of same problem, but the other way round. i have 5 door leccy windows set to TRY to fit into a 3 door. They are totally different. The metal bit that the motors are connected to on the bottom of the actual glass is different. For a 5 door, theres two holes for two bolts to hook onto, and on the 3 door, its like the manual system (long divider).

If you want to fit the 3 door ones onto the 5 door, you need to remove the metal bits, and get some from a 3 door, and fit them so they can match up. BUT, i warn you, you WILL end up damaging the windows. Trust me, i've done it :lol: (chipped the bottom of the glass, as they are VERY tightly attached.

If that wasnt enough gobble-de-gook, i will also say that i have some wires missing on mine as well, as when we removed the stuff, we didnt think that i'd be fitting them in another car. So, i have wires that are not connected to anything, and havent a clue how to hook them up. :lol: