PDA

View Full Version : quick question

Anonymous
30-10-01, 02:42 PM
Whats the score with regards to driving in Europe ?

I wan't to go to Belgium with PNG next summer but I'll only be 20 and have driven for 2 years by then. Will I be able to drive over there ?

I think you have to be 21 and held you liscence 3 years or am I wrong ?

anyone know for definite ?

Anonymous
30-10-01, 03:38 PM
France: Driver's minimum age 18. Children under 10 are forbidden to travel in the front seat.

Germany: Driver's minimum age 17. Children under 12 or less than 1.50m in height are forbidden to travel in the front seat without a child restraint in Germany.

Italy: Holders of old style green licences require an International Driving Permit when driving any vehicle in Italy. Green style licences can be exchanged by completing DVLA form D1 from any post office. Driver's minimum age 18.

Luxembourg: Driver's minimum age 18.

The Netherlands: Driver's minimum age 18. Children under 3 must travel in the rear with a safety system adapted to their size. Children 3-12 may travel in the front if they are in a special safety seat.

If it isn't kev it isn't worth it !!!

Anonymous
30-10-01, 03:40 PM
so daim dont put your girlfriend in the front seat !

If it isn't kev it isn't worth it !!!

Anonymous
30-10-01, 03:48 PM
hahahahahha you biaaatchh !!!!!

Anonymous
30-10-01, 07:40 PM
basically u just wana check ur covered insurance wise when ur abroad and for how long etc and then u should be fine!

Anonymous
30-10-01, 08:49 PM
I thought you had to hold a full licence for at least 3 years to drive abroad and in Europe? In fact i'm sure of it but i might be wrong, Im going France soon with the mrs and wanted to take car, but sure you werent allowed unless you held full licence for 3 yrs???

grantrees@hotmail.com

If the bird said "Its the Nova or me", would you miss her?

Anonymous
30-10-01, 10:23 PM
maybe you need to hold a license for 3 years to be able to hire a car, if it's your own car, you might be ok, I'm just asuming though.

Anonymous
30-10-01, 10:31 PM
Yeah, thats for hire cars only i'm sure.

Anonymous
31-10-01, 09:18 AM
because if you have only got to be 18 to drive in France, how could you have held a full liscense for 3 years ?

Anonymous
01-11-01, 09:35 AM
I've driven a few times in France and Germany and I never been asked nowt as regards ages etc. I think if you hold a valid full license in this country you are well away.
The last time was last year thru' the chunnel and its a piece of piss. Just watchout for the dodgy roundabouts at the terminals and spastic French drivers.
Also if you get on the payage motorway toll roads you will have to fork out a fair bit and in some places they speed trap you by measuring everyones speed between one toll and another. Me bruvver got nicked on that one. If you do get caught its an on the spot fine and no points thank you very much.
The "A" roads are fecking brilliant and you can rag along for miles without much interruption. Make sure you don't run too low on fuel/food/comfort breaks as services can be 30 or 40 miles apart.:D