PDA

View Full Version : noise from rear wheel

LukeManic
29-09-04, 06:57 PM
I've just put some 5mm spacers on my 16" speedlines (ET49) The reason for this is because one side was slightly rubbing on the plastic dust cover.

This has solved that problem and the wheels/tyres miss the lip on the arches also.

But now since ive done this every time in brake and come to a stop theres a slight clanking noise coming from the left rear wheel (i think). Its hard to describe but if u have ever parked your car on a slope with the hand brake on and sit in it the car groans a bit - well its similar to that but on a slightly smaller scale. Its not normal i know that much. Any suggestions? You think it might have something to do with the spacers? Or brake pads?

Please help, cheers :?

m.d.
29-09-04, 06:59 PM
probably killed your wheel bearings mate. bigger wheels allways do

LukeManic
29-09-04, 07:09 PM
only while braking though? it does it bout 2 secs before the car comes to a halt.

elsey197
29-09-04, 08:34 PM
You checked your wheel bolts :?:

Ive done this before :roll:

LukeManic
29-09-04, 09:30 PM
yer there all checked :( sounds as if somethings is being strained

-Bruce-
29-09-04, 09:34 PM
it could be that your brakes have colapsed inside the drum. not sure like?? or the bearings. does the brake the noise is coming from work ok?

bruce

LukeManic
29-09-04, 10:18 PM
yer, i haven't noticed any difference in the performance on the brakes - going to get it checked out by some1 who knows a bit more. I dont think its wise to ignore it :o

LukeManic
30-09-04, 04:28 PM
had brakes checked today, and all were fine - still making that noise though while braking :( any1 had this?