PDA

View Full Version : Fitting Speedline Alesio 2s ???

Dan_white_GTE
29-09-04, 12:58 PM
I should be getting some alesio 2s soon and was wondering if they go straight on or do i need to roll my arches? How much would you say i should lower it by? :?: :?: :?:

Jim
29-09-04, 06:04 PM
No matter what make of alloys you get, it's usually recommended that you get the lip on the arch either rolled or ground away. It's really so that you limit the chance of catching the tyres on the lip.

As for lowering it, you should be able to lower it -60mm all round. You can get a full kit (shocks and springs) for ?200. When you do lower it make sure you give it a couple of weeks to settle before taking the car to a garage to get the camber and tracking adjusted to compensate for the lowered susspension.

Jim

Dan_white_GTE
30-09-04, 08:53 AM
Cheers mate i thought it would be best, but just thought id ask someone who knows what their talking about.

Dan

epo
30-09-04, 06:13 PM
if you have 195\45\16 tyers the arches shouldnt need rolling as to my understanding

R1CH
02-10-04, 01:11 AM
Should go straight on without any arch mods.
What brakes you using ? if your using 16v discs & Calipers yhen no probs, but if your running std Nova GTE / GSi calipers then they'll catch on the centre (hub part?) of the wheel ! either use spacers - 5mm ? to stop them catching - might need to roll arches if spacers used ? or fit the 16v calipers !!

Rich

nov4
04-10-04, 07:00 PM
also u may have to hammer the rear inner arch a bit for extra clearance on the tyre. and u may have to grind the driveshaft thread for the nut on the front because the centre caps wont fit. the arches shouldnt need rolling but if there rusting anyway u may aswell grind it off.

chris

Dan_white_GTE
05-10-04, 10:22 AM
Cheers lads ill bear that in mind when i finally get my Rims :)