PDA

View Full Version : Coscast? How can you tell???

NovaNeil
29-09-04, 12:33 PM
Hi,

This has most probabley been asked millions of times before, but can anyone give me a quick answer.....

How can I tell if an XE head is a Coscast one or not? Is there any different markings on it? The head is still attached to the engine.

Cheers

Neil

Dar
29-09-04, 01:30 PM
http://www.sbdev.co.uk/Info_sheets/Cylinder%20heads/Coscast_heads.htm

This page will show you. Im off to check my two now.

burgo
29-09-04, 08:54 PM
what difference does it make ? :oops:

srs1
29-09-04, 09:05 PM
coscast heads are not porous. i think they were developed by cosworth too.

burgo
29-09-04, 09:06 PM
oh rite kool, cheers sean

NovaNeil
30-09-04, 12:39 PM
Cheers Dar,

ps. You weren't at Castle Combe this year were you? Cause there was car going round that looks just like yours and it held an M3 CSL down the striaght but the beemer beat it on the brakes into Quarry..... was this you?

Neil

Dar
30-09-04, 12:47 PM
Yup that was me :)

That was before I put my LSD in, im about 4.5 secs quicker around there now. I reckon I could defo keep him behind me.

I've also uprated my breaks as well. Can't wait to go up against him again. :twisted:

Thats the only car thats passed me at Castle Combe so far. So the little Nova aint doing so bad. Tiz damn good fun!!

-Bruce-
30-09-04, 01:24 PM
its a nice car darren like!! need to get to the track so i can see it on the vid!! :twisted:

bruce

NovaNeil
30-09-04, 07:11 PM
Mate fair play!!!!! I was watching you and the noise your car was making was awesome!!!! Is it on TB's or Carbs??? Im guessing TB's, as it sounded really smooth.

I had a look later on, and noticed you had rather small stoppers..... especially considering how quick your car was going! Get some pics of it and get it into the feature cars :P

Oh and I was walking back form Quarry corner when some guy in a 205 followed you back, he didn't look too happy :o Probably jealous of your car :lol:

Neil

Dar
30-09-04, 07:44 PM
Yes its on throttle bodies :)

The guy in the 205 thought I was going to t-bone him in to one of the esses. Bloody idiot! I think he got scared cos I was storming up behind him. I have it on video and he just jumps out the way!

I was thinking of featuring it but its not exactly featurable material because I just wanted it to look as standard as poss but fly! Also its not the cleanest of cars :roll:

Thanks for the positive comments.

Cheers
Dar

-Bruce-
30-09-04, 08:44 PM
it may not be clean darren but still a smart car in my view, get it featured!!! :D

bruce