PDA

View Full Version : advice on crank lightening with 1400

johnny27
28-09-04, 11:21 PM
Okay here's the situation, bought a 1300 nova engine, am going to get a rebuild and a bit of tuning done. First thing is that the barrels need a rebore, so i am going to need new pistons, conrods etc, so i might as well get it converted to 1400cc with the 1200 pistions, will i need to use the 1200 rods as well or the 1300 ones? (question 1)
The guy is going to lighten and balance the flywheel, rods and possibly the crankshaft, anyone have any advice about lightening the crank as i've heard that the iron crank loses alot of it strength when you start lightening it? (question 2)
The engine is going to be rebuilt with arp rod bolts, heavy duty shell bearings, stronger bottom end bolts, etc. Anyhow all in all what do you think the bhp figure will be when finished? (question 3) Bearing in mind the top end has a gasflowed head and skimmed, twin webber 40s, kent cam, 4 branch and straight thru exhasut system. Sorry for dragging on this long, just that the engine is going to be started work at the weekend. Cheers guys.

johnny27
30-09-04, 04:43 PM
anyone?