PDA

View Full Version : Please help!!! Sorry there regs!!!

Stoo
28-09-04, 09:46 PM
Wondering if i could be assisted please!!
I have a 2.0 16v and ive had a wide arch kit fitted!!
I dont wanna use spacers or buy new wheels to fill them!
I know about a wide track kit, but what i wanna know is where i can get it from, how much it costs, what parts it comes with etc etc etc !!
Also will i need to use different driveshafts?? If so which ones? Also if i need new shafts do i need new different cv.s? (C20XE with F20 box if that helps!)
Im also thinking of a R.disc conversion! Whats the best way to go about this? Rear beam or use existing? also bias valve etc!
Im gonna put bigger brakes on the front too, poss reylands 300mm/4pot setup! any other ideas for front??
Another thing thats bugging me too is my steering wheel!! Ive got a leather calibra jobby fitted and it seems to slant towards the drivers side!! tilted on an angle!!! its beyond me!! any ideas??

All help will be much appreciated!!

Thanks in advance!!

Stu

johnny27
28-09-04, 11:45 PM
As far as i know most it not all the parts are from the Mk2 Astra. PM Brian (hope thats his name, not sure) he done the whole conversion himself, fair play to him, major work beautufilly done, can't beat us Irish lol:)

johnny27
29-09-04, 12:04 AM
had a look at brians feature wide arch blue nova, he did'nt use the astra conversion, he bought a kit for the job. But i'm sure something was posted on the forum (maybe 6 months ago or more) about using astra parts like rear beam etc.

rodgerq
29-09-04, 12:05 AM
the wide track kit is available from TAS motorsport. http://www.tas.uk.com/

they have an online catalogue but for some reason the wide arch kit cant be bought online. its a damn good kit and i will be gettin one just after the new year for a wee project ive got goin the now. most of it simply bolts on but there are a few mods that need doin to make it fit

rodgerq

Phil GTE
29-09-04, 12:06 AM
use a rear beam from a mk2 astra (with rear discs)

you need the wide track it for the front which uses standard big block (longer than nova) shafts

so make sure you use equal length driveshafts

rodgerq
29-09-04, 12:08 AM
do the astra mounts line up with the nova mountin points? what about the suspension mounts??

rodgerq

Aragorn
29-09-04, 12:22 PM
astra rear beam will not fit the nova its too wide at the mouting points

on the rear you'll need to space out the stub axles when fitting the rear disks to widen the track

do NOT use spacers on the wheel side, make sure the spacers are on the stub axle side to help reduce OTT bearing wear

rodgerq
29-09-04, 04:58 PM
if you are fittin rear discs the spacers supplied from TAS will not suit the application as these are drilled on the same PCD as the nova stub axle, whereas the astra one is different. you would need to find the exact pcd of the astra stub axle and get a machine shop to make you up spacers drilled to the correct pattern

rodgerq

Nick
30-09-04, 01:53 PM
Contact a guy called colin smith, i think he has a website www.novarally.co.uk might be getting confused.

I',m sure i have seen widetrack kits on his selling list !

hope this helps